Intercooler Hard Pipe Upgrade?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waiting on a vehicle back to check fitment still. Have been super busy the last two weeks and going through some staff changes also so its been a little hard to squeeze everything in that we need to.

Fitted the hard pipe from plasmaman, no dyno but feels and seems to get up go quicker .

If these hard pipes can help eliminate all or some turbo lag, then I'm very interested, so put me down for one.

One thing though, powder coating flakes as does paint. I'd be keen on getting a stainless or gal (but gal can flake to I think) pipe, I'd hate to have some paint or powder sucked into the turbo.

Powdercoat doesnt flake. its probably the most durable finish you can put on any material.
We will offer them in stainless anyhow, all depends what the customer wants.

Had a look at all this over the weekend. That large top hose is quite soft, I'd never really taken any notice before. The lower house out of the intercooler seems much firmer.

Does/should that lower hose be replaced as well???

Had a look at all this over the weekend. That large top hose is quite soft, I'd never really taken any notice before. The lower house out of the intercooler seems much firmer.

Does/should that lower hose be replaced as well???

most people do end up doing both, BUT the top one is the most important as its the hot side so it softens the hose up even more then it already is and therefor allows it to balloon even more so under pressure.

Im sure DieselTuner or someone will be able to explain it better then me.

^^ Nope, that makes good sense.

I found it interesting looking at all that turbo stuff. Looked to me like the outlet from the turbo flows straight into a pipe that bends back onto itself slightly, then it goes through the intercooler, then into and up that lower hose, then finally into the, I don't really know what I'm talking about, so I'm going to call it, the intake manifold.

Seems very inefficient, use a turbo to ram great amounts of air into the motor, but impede it by lots of bends and so on.

But then again, I'm sure they know what they're doing.

Like to add myself to this list when there all done...09 kingcab plazmaman sounds good but small business is better. I try to support where I can

Yeh put me down too. Super keen. Have a 2012 Spanish built st. What we lookin at cost wise. Also I'm in vic so need it shipped.

Cheers

Guys please contact me at the shop for your specific needs. We are still waiting on people to bring their cars back for fit ups etc... which just isnt happening.

So if you really do want one and can spare the car for a day or two, I will provide your's free in return.

I'll be down Monday if you want I have a 2012 d40 st Spain build what's your shops number? And do you have one made to fit? So I'm not just coming down for nothing I'm keen to get something happening??

Guys please contact me at the shop for your specific needs. We are still waiting on people to bring their cars back for fit ups etc... which just isnt happening.

So if you really do want one and can spare the car for a day or two, I will provide your's free in return.

Lindsay, I have only just read this, wasn't aware you were waiting on me.

I will give you a call tomorrow regarding a follow up visit.

Latest posts

Back