Intercooler Hard Pipe Upgrade?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a chip it chip, not really other symptoms that's the main one plenty of torque, it's just as soon as your on a 100 and put your foot to the floor to overtake etc it drops back a gear revs out to roughly 4000 rpm and its like it just looses all power and just sits there revving even does it down low speeds aswell can't figure it out and so far chipit are not any help either.

I have a chip it chip, not really other symptoms that's the main one plenty of torque, it's just as soon as your on a 100 and put your foot to the floor to overtake etc it drops back a gear revs out to roughly 4000 rpm and its like it just looses all power and just sits there revving even does it down low speeds aswell can't figure it out and so far chipit are not any help either.

Hey mine does the same from time to time.
To avoid it I've made a habit of giving the gas pedal a double pump when I want the bitch to really go hard.
One quick one followed by the second flat down.
It always goes hard like this.. maybe because the first hit gets the revs up, or if there was the issue of the gear not grabbing it has the time to grab the gear and then continue from a high rev or on the right gear.

Tried your double tap today lol surprisingly it helped a little, I'm convinced its the hot pipe and air filter I had bonnet up and looked at free revving today and deadset it expanded a good 15 mm. it was like a balloon, think once some one gets this hot pipe thing happening for the later model d40, along with an exhaust and air filter it has to fix it grrrrrr I hope it does anyway. Or else it's a waste of a chipit chip!!

Im hanging out for the hard pipe upgrade as well, the wire around the hose is starting to dig in quite badly....Im kinda worried its gonna slice through!
A nice hard pipe for the turbo to airbox would be nice to.... :)

Tried your double tap today lol surprisingly it helped a little, I'm convinced its the hot pipe and air filter I had bonnet up and looked at free revving today and deadset it expanded a good 15 mm. it was like a balloon, think once some one gets this hot pipe thing happening for the later model d40, along with an exhaust and air filter it has to fix it grrrrrr I hope it does anyway. Or else it's a waste of a chipit chip!!
lol yeah I get wheelspin off the line and chirpee sometimes when in motion.. diff probably doesn't like it though :/
You're right about the shitty oem gear, I want to get some upgrades in mine too.

Trev it sounds like a tuning issue with the chip mate. Roo systems are a Tunit chip that has been rebadged anyway (maybe these days they use a different supplier, but as far as I know for sure they used to all be Tunits)

The auto's used in the d40's are pretty dumb as it is, which doesnt help matters either.

The best thing anybody could do to a D40 is to put a proper stall converter in there (lower rpm)
And fit a HD valvebody to firm up the shift's and make it alot more accurate.

The benefit to doing this is reduced oil temp, better fuel economy, more tractable and pleasurable car to drive and generally just less wear on everything due to the lower rpm the vehicle is able to operate efficiently at.

The best thing anybody could do to a D40 is to put a proper stall converter in there (lower rpm)
And fit a HD valvebody to firm up the shift's and make it alot more accurate.

The benefit to doing this is reduced oil temp, better fuel economy, more tractable and pleasurable car to drive and generally just less wear on everything due to the lower rpm the vehicle is able to operate efficiently at.

Can't argue with this at all. Stall speed on the 2.5L diesel is between 2500-3100 (according to the manual, it feels closer to 3000rpm in mine). I believe the V9X is lower - I don't know the exact range but I'd imagine it to be 2100-2500 given the vehicle's taller gearing and lower peak torque point (1700rpm compared to 2000rpm in the 2.5L).

Wholesale Automatics sell an upgraded TC for the 2.5 which has a stall speed of 2400rpm. They also sell a new valve body which promises what Lindsay is suggesting.

Wholesale Automatics would be the guys I would use personally.
Ive used countless kits of theirs and it has all been top notch gear.

I dont much like that they have jumped on the Roo systems/EMG bandwagon and that will make me more reluctant to use and recommend their products if they continue down that path. But they are the leaders in this country for automatic trans products currently.

Does anybody know if the stall converter in the 450's is the same as the early ones as my 450 auto preforms totally different to my 07.

It locks up in 2nd through to 5th instead of just 5th like the 07 and holds the lock-up better when accelerating.

It's possible that it's the same TC with the same stall speed since it's a similar engine developing similar torque at the same RPM (which is one of the governing factors when designing the TC).

Sounds to me like you've got a better TCM in the gearbox.

if you mean 550 not 450....?

The SC will be different of course. The engine has a vastly different torque curve and the box has an extra gear.

No I mean 450.

The auto box in it, has a totally different feel to my old one even though the RE5R05A transmission itself is identical except for being so called tip tronic, so I was just wondering if it was just a different TCM (or tune in the TCM) or if it is a new lower stall TC.

Latest posts

Back