Insurance

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have completed most of the mods on my nav for the moment, and are curious of which insurance companies you guys use that cover these mods. I am currently with budget direct and don't know at this stage if my insurance will cover the changes i have made. Your help/knowledge would be appreciated.

We are currently with NRMA for everything.

This came up yesterday as The Boss increased the coverage, at renewal, on the Camper Trailer to cover the extra stuff we have bolted/locked to it like batteries, solar panels, controllers, etc.

Then she wanted to increase the coverage on our Nav to include the stuff SHE has added to it recently <VBG>. She couldn't do it as it is currently "market value" and I as the registered owner have to ask that it be changed to "agreed value". Probably another job for Monday.

Mate im with NRMA, they will cover anything as long as it is legal.
So if you have a 4"lift and a body lift ect, and it is not engineered, you are not covered and no insurance company will cover any car with illegal mods, BUT if all is legal then you will be able to go with who ever gives you the deal you want.

nrma agreed value covers all legal mods
and all acessories ,fridge,spotties,racks ,tents ect ect

Last edited:
Thanks guys, Everything is legal and professionally done through ARB.2 inch lift, bull bar, spotties, winch. I will get a quote and see how we go. Cheers.

Guys(gals) with NRMA agreed value, how are you working out the value?
Replacement? or something like 10% depreciation off te Nav pa and cost of add-ons?

Replacement? or something like 10% depreciation off te Nav pa and cost of add-ons?

Replacement for the first three years at the cost of the ute plus the $11,000 worth of extras, bar, racks, suspension,ect

After the three years i will decided what to do, probably start again with a new ute

Hey Nocturnal Animal
How did you go with budget direct with your mods. I to are with budget and would be interested to know.
Cheers

when you do an online quote there is a too lfor adjusting agreed value
slide it from left to right and it adjusts premium and value accordingly
i went on replacment costs to value mine

as a side note did you know when insuring your camper trailer the canvas is not covered by all the policies i checked out....

Latest posts

Back