Help. Algae in fuel. Thai build 2010 D40 Navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hqgts2dr400

Reaction score
Hi all. I was driving down the road the other day and got stuck at a set of traffic lights as I was about to leave I had the water in fuel light come on and the navara shut down. Now it won’t start and I have changed the fuel and oil filters. And had a friend look and I have algae in my injector’s and fresh diesel that was put in last week is now black. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I’m on a low budget and need the car to get to work. Thank you

Id like to say I know that the Nav will start. To fix the scum and algea your going to need to treat it..
No point replacing filters and adding more fuel just to get even more contaminated

Will this stuff work as I can’t get the car to start. And with the injectors having algae in them

Get a full dose of fuel treatment into it f try getting someone to blow a bit of aerostart up the spout while you try starting it. Pop the air filter & squirt it straight up the engine side.

Have you checked that your pump is coming up to pressure and that the pressure relief valve isn't jammed open on the common rail?

Remove all injectors, crank engine to blow all the shit out of the lines through the injector holes. Clean injectors place back in, don’t forget to clean the filters etc so the crud doesn’t recontaminate the system. Either dump fuel in tank, or add super dose of diesel conditioner.

Latest posts

Back