Insurance companies

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

BIG GUS

Can anyone recommend a good insurance company who will insure for what it is and not just market value
Cheers Brian

Thanks guys,if being early 50's is an old prick Steve then i'm gone lol i will do a ring around and see what happens

I was NRMA, had a claim in 2010 (was my fault) for around $12,000. Everything was fine until August 2012 when I got a letter saying they had cancelled my insurance out of nowhere!! When I rang they told me it was because of my previous claim and when I mentioned that it was in 2010 they couldn't give me any reason for dropping me over 2 years later. Dodgy set up. (My opinion anyway) I am now insured through commonwealth bank for my nav. It's cheaper than NRMA, everything is the same including agreed value.

All insurance companies have different underwriting criteria that generates different prices for different people in different are'a's. cheap prices and high agreed value's are great but wether the company steps up to the plate at claims time is another thing

what he said^

there is nothing saying they won't just give you market value when push comes to shove.

Alliance is good I'm agreed for $40,000 on a 2010 d22 with body lift under a grand a Year $890 I think with $400 excess all is good as long as I'm not in a comp

They are good till it comes time to pay out. If it gets stolen then they will treat you like the thief. When my patrol got stolen from work I was investigated and interviewed for a month and if that wasn't enough they interviewed my neighbors as well. They did pay in the end but not without making me feel like the criminal. I hope others have had better experience with them. I am now with GIO because AAMI will only cover me to a maximum of $22000 so if I add any more accessories they are not covered so I didn't see the point.

Just re insured my 08 Nav today AAMI wanted $1200 with a $800 excess insured for $22000
GIO wanted $980 with a $800 excess insured for $26000. Ended up getting it from Coles insurance for $570 with a $750 excess and insured for $29000 and then because we joined fly buys they reduced it to $545. And that's covered offroad aswell. Cheering.

I work for Coles as a casual whilst studying at uni but would never insure my car with them...

Suncorp all the way, you get what you pay for when it comes time for a claim.

I have worked for Youi insurance for over 3yr's and I can honestly say we have the highest level of customer service in the insurance game with 93% of customers re-newing their policies every yr which is basically unbeatable in the insurance game. They turned into a profitable company within 5yr's and the product keeps getting better. Our claims department settle 80% of claims the initial day of claiming and our general claims turn around time is 3-5days..... Agreed value's seem great but they increase premiums, Our market values are assessed at the time of the claim, we look at km's, service history and condition of the vehicle and pay out the reasonable figure that the vehicle would be worth if it where to be sold privately. So if you have a vehicle in above average condition sometimes a market value can actually work in ur favour

what he said^

there is nothing saying they won't just give you market value when push comes to shove.

Mate of mine had agreed value but when he smashed it company only wanted to pay market value when he insisted that was the policy they started insurance fraud investigation saying he had over valued car even though they had agreed to policy & no doubt charging extra.I hate insurance companies.Hugh

I have worked for Youi insurance for over 3yr's and I can honestly say we have the highest level of customer service in the insurance game with 93% of customers re-newing their policies every yr which is basically unbeatable in the insurance game. They turned into a profitable company within 5yr's and the product keeps getting better. Our claims department settle 80% of claims the initial day of claiming and our general claims turn around time is 3-5days..... Agreed value's seem great but they increase premiums, Our market values are assessed at the time of the claim, we look at km's, service history and condition of the vehicle and pay out the reasonable figure that the vehicle would be worth if it where to be sold privately. So if you have a vehicle in above average condition sometimes a market value can actually work in ur favour

My wife runs her own business and only uses her car no more them a 15km radius around our home and thought youi would give us a good deal due to the low risk of that. But they won't insure her for some reason. ??

My renewal is due and the cheapest is aami at 1079, then RACQ at 1200.

I think I will be going aami, fully covered anywhere offroad apparently.

Back