I Finally got one

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob4215

Reaction score
I finally got myself a 95 d21 4x2 single cab tray back ute, Ive already dropped the front 2.5" on the front via the torsion bars, im looking at 3" lowering blocks 4 the back.

I wanted 2 know is this legal and if it will cause much difference 2 the ride quality, i know it will make it a bit rougher but will it be back breaking stuff!

Also if any1 knows of any pretty basic and legal engine conversions, possibly an rb20 non turbo or the later model ca20 twin spark out of the dr31 skyline, if there is any info out there id love 2 know?

thanks heaps

bob4215

Welcome to the forums Bob

Dion's probably your best bet with D21 stuff (although Dave's pretty good) and i;m sure he'll be along to answer your question soonish

The CA20E twin spark motor was used in the R31 Pintara, U12 Pintara and S12 Gazelle.

The lowest you can go without a engineer's certificate is 2 inches.

I am assuming your doing a mini truck ?

If your running the Z24, the same gearbox that uses is used by the VL and the R31 Skyline. So should bolt straight in.

I reckon SR20DET or CA18DET (Silvia motors) or even better FJ20ET (DR30 Skyline and S12 Gazelle motor) it.

Dave.

Dave's got some good advise there, the FJ20 is a great motor. Getting a bit old now but still awesome cast iron & can take lots of boost if your so inclined. The SR20 you may find there are more around and are more than enough to give a D21 some giddyup.

Lowering it that much will make the ride pretty unbearable I'd reckon. But when your so sideways your counting houses out the front windscreen it won't be the harshness of the suspension you'll be complaining about. Hehe.

Latest posts

Back