how do u get more than 25mm ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok cool sounds good so u have a rear locker as well or u going to run the e-locker first where do u live ? i live in vic getting someone to install it down here ? i don't trust myself with things like that ..

also with the uca can you use the bigger arm with a 2'' lift of is it only worth getting bigger arms if your going higher than 2''?

only worth it if your going over 2" as it will stop the contact by giving you a little more room.

Personally with the lift i got from "ultimate" i initially got minimal coil bucket contact which they rectified, so I want the arms now even with out the extra lift.

In my opinion i think they can be used and a benefit to anyone with a 2" lift or more, like i said earlier by installing the arms you will get more down travel, and with more down travel you will be able to go that bit further then the ute with out that extra travel.

Personally with the lift i got from "ultimate" i initially got minimal coil bucket contact which they rectified, so I want the arms now even with out the extra lift.

In my opinion i think they can be used and a benefit to anyone with a 2" lift or more, like i said earlier by installing the arms you will get more down travel, and with more down travel you will be able to go that bit further then the ute with out that extra travel.

very true ill look in to this more thanks so much mate

is it just me or does everyone on here no how to do there own suspension ... lol i no nothing about it where do u all learn about it ... id like to do things my self but im the kinda guy who try and makes it worse some how lol if anyone is in vic and wants to teach me a couple things when they install i am more than happy to watch / listen to learn cheers

Hey navog-I knew bugger all about this stuff too. But if you google all the forums (the US frontier one too-they're essentially the same truck) you will find 'how to' posts where you'll learn a lot-most with pics. There's even a YouTube vid that shows how to install extended shackles and spacers on a frontier. This helped me a lot. And boxy did a 'how to' on a body lift install. At the end of the day-it's a car, not a delicate flower. Get some spanners and have a crack-they're pretty robust and hard to stuff up....in saying that, haven't braved the lokka install yet....

Hey navog-I knew bugger all about this stuff too. But if you google all the forums (the US frontier one too-they're essentially the same truck) you will find 'how to' posts where you'll learn a lot-most with pics. There's even a YouTube vid that shows how to install extended shackles and spacers on a frontier. This helped me a lot. And boxy did a 'how to' on a body lift install. At the end of the day-it's a car, not a delicate flower. Get some spanners and have a crack-they're pretty robust and hard to stuff up....in saying that, haven't braved the lokka install yet....

Thanks mate I am a member of the frontier forum but I find it's easy to find stuff on our navara forum thanks for the info mate I'll look up YouTube vids see what I can find . Also let's say I lift my Nav more than 2" will I have a problem with the police ?? Cheers

}}}like i said earlier by installing the arms you will get more down travel.}}}

How does fitting UCAs actually give more down travel ??

Changes the angle of the ball joint I believe? And the shape of the uca chants the distance between the bump stop and itself

Ive got a couple of questions about these upper control arms that people are using , Im putting a 2 inch lift in but will these new upper control arms change the geometry of the suspension or is ok ? , the other thing is i think some one said they are around $500 is this each or a set ? i would imagine its each but just checking .

Ive got a couple of questions about these upper control arms that people are using , Im putting a 2 inch lift in but will these new upper control arms change the geometry of the suspension or is ok ? , the other thing is i think some one said they are around $500 is this each or a set ? i would imagine its each but just checking .

i would of thought its for the pair.. 500 each ??? bugger that

i would of thought its for the pair.. 500 each ??? bugger that
Pretty sure it's for the set! you could always go an ironman kit (or I think lovells do them aswell )with a 15mm trim packer in the front under the coil seat they are like 30 bux and gives u an extra 20 sumthing mm of lift I actually spoke to zordo about leveling up the truck coz it sits a bit low at the nose an his suggestion was double up the trim packers so I'll probably put a 10 and 15mm onto of each other,body lift is also a very easy option fairly cheap for a big gain in keeping ur cab away from rocks and easy to remove in a hurry if need be I run a 2 inch body lift an my ironman bar is lifted to suit so I have a awesome(for a nav) approach angle.

Boxy

how is the body lift ? been told to stay away .. but i want more than 2'' of lift ..iv been waiting on this monster rides lift to come out for awhile but it been pushed back alot and i want to get all this done by the queens birthday weekend .

also if i get pulled over by the police would the pop me for something like that

how is the body lift ? been told to stay away .. but i want more than 2'' of lift ..iv been waiting on this monster rides lift to come out for awhile but it been pushed back alot and i want to get all this done by the queens birthday weekend .

also if i get pulled over by the police would the pop me for something like that
body lift is awesome ive had it in about 6 months no dramas, and like i said if u were to get a suspension brand that allowed u to use trim packers it will lift ur front to the acceptable 3 inchs roughly 15mm trim packer gives u pretty close to an extra inch look up the spec on the ironman website my mate in melbourne runs the exact same setup as me 33s 2inch with 15mm trim and 2 inch bodylift,

now the police can do u for that if the body lift in vic but like i said it is so easy to pull in and out how cares 1 and half maybe to pull out ,my mate has had his in probably 2 months down around town no problem thing is the navara so bloody low with body lif tit almost looks like a normal 4x4 height and it dosent look stupidly big my the 33s really suit the nav

boxy

body lift is awesome ive had it in about 6 months no dramas, and like i said if u were to get a suspension brand that allowed u to use trim packers it will lift ur front to the acceptable 3 inchs roughly 15mm trim packer gives u pretty close to an extra inch look up the spec on the ironman website my mate in melbourne runs the exact same setup as me 33s 2inch with 15mm trim and 2 inch bodylift,

now the police can do u for that if the body lift in vic but like i said it is so easy to pull in and out how cares 1 and half maybe to pull out ,my mate has had his in probably 2 months down around town no problem thing is the navara so bloody low with body lif tit almost looks like a normal 4x4 height and it dosent look stupidly big my the 33s really suit the nav

boxy

how told u to stay away from body lift 4x4 shop dude?

i got told to stay away from the body lift buy the 4x4 guy
u dont live anywhere near wonthaggi do u lol my old man went into wonthaggi 4x4 shop i think it was arb (maybe) to ask about a lift and the lockers the response he got from the bloke who served him was....y would u want to do that,nah u dont want the lift it will ride to hard F*&%ken jerk off(shows how much some of them no), he still got from his old man emu kit and f and r lockers from arb brighton and very happy with it, end of the day its your car there are heaps of guys that run the body lift and a lot that run strut spacers but my experiance with the setup is it still drives as if it was stock

boxy

}}}like i said earlier by installing the arms you will get more down travel.}}}

How does fitting UCAs actually give more down travel ??

The New UCA has a different shape which allows it to swing passed the coil bucket housing, compared to the standard one that hits the the top of the housing therefor restricting the amount of down travel.

The New UCA has a different shape which allows it to swing passed the coil bucket housing, compared to the standard one that hits the the top of the housing therefor restricting the amount of down travel.

No that's not right.
The UCA may have a different bend to clear the coil bucket. But that won't give more down travel.
You are still limited by the strut lenght.
to get more down travel you will also have to get strut spacers or extra long struts.
So UCAs on their own will do nothing for travel.
Cheers

I JUST WANT TO MAKE MY NAVARA D40 ALOT BETTER OFF ROAD IM THINKING OF SELLING IT FOR A PATROL UTE OR MAYBE A LAND CRUISER UTE BUT IT WILL LEAVE A MASSIVE HOLE IN MY POCKET COZ I JUST BOUGHT IT 2 MONTHS AGO ... ZORDO WHAT DO U THINK I SHOULD DO 2''LIFT 33's ?? OR CAN I DO SOMETHING ELS BUT ITS A WORK UTE BUT I LOVE MY OFF ROADING AND NOT BEEN ABLE TO MAKE IT UP MOST THINGS KINDA GETS ME DOWN BUT IM NOT BLAMING THE D40 AS IT IS NOT LIFTED OR ANYTHING SO ANYONE WHO HAS LIFTED THE D40 AND BIG WHEELS TELL ME HOW IT TRULY DOES GO OFF ROAD ?? THANKS GUYS SORRY FOR CAPS

Back