HID conversion

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aussie141414

Reaction score
Looking to go HID but unsure of the globes I need. Have two options H4 (HB2) (9003) high/low halogen or H4 (HB2) (9003) single beam or H4 (HB2) (9003) bi-xenon. Have a 2014 D40 ST Series 7.

Little uncertain which one I need. Any assistance?

Cheers.

I just been followed by a 4b with hids without the proper lenses. Rude prick. Blinding everyone but him.

Please do it properly.
There is a thread on here and a member doing the retro lenses.

Go the HID mate. I have them in mine and point them down havnt been flashed yet. Halogen globes are rubbish. As for globe type bi-xenon with high and low beam

Australian standards

Due to their higher light output, HID lamps must comply with a specific set of Australian Design Rules.
These include specifics as to light colour, proportions of specified light wavelengths (including blue wavelengths) and ultra violet (UV) emissions.

Self levelling systems and headlight washers are also required to off-set the increased risk of dazzling other drivers.

Vehicle manufacturers sometimes refer to HID lamps as Xenon or Bi-Xenon lamps. However these should not be confused with conventional incandescent bulbs that use xenon gas in their glass envelope. Queensland legislation

HID headlight conversions are not permitted under Qld legislation. However, it is not clear if other Australian states view the issue in the same way. If you operate in another state you should check requirements in your area.

Note also that Queensland's Dept. Transport and Main Roads (DTMR) advises that there is currently no legislation concerning HID conversion of driving lights.

Go the HID mate. I have them in mine and point them down havnt been flashed yet. Halogen globes are rubbish. As for globe type bi-xenon with high and low beam

Ppl are afraid to flash you. They know your not on high beam and know you will just flash back.
Not me. If I see you coming towards me ill f#kn drive at u.
Who do u think u are to risk the lives of others.
Do it properly.

I took the correct avenue first. Reported his details to the police. Nothing we can do mate bla bla bla.

By the way, its illegal to use the fog lights under your bumper unless in fog.

Last edited:
Jjohn looked at doing it properly and fitting projectors but after micks quote of almost $1000 and no headlights for a week I thought id fit them and see how it went. Have followed behind people to test out light in mirrors no complaints so ive stuck with them. I do a fair bit of driving in the dark and have found halogens a complete waste of time and money

It's a great outcome if you're correct. A real test would be.
Have you tried driving towards the car?
Sitting on front of it in traffic?

In that case I would congratulate you for getting it right. $1,000 is gunna put most off doing it right. If you have a truly successful alternative that's great. We have plenty locals not so.

I had HIDs in my D40. A few months later got defected. I aimed them down and everything. I played dumb so the copper only gave me a $60 fine but thats beside the point.

Just got some $100 halogens. Work good enough.

I wonder if LEDs are another option or if they are illegal too. That would be a better route I reckon.

Latest posts

Back