Which HID kit?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ambo

Reaction score
Hi all,
Question on HIDs. I have a 2009 D40. With the infamous crappy factory standard halogens. The owner before me put in ice blue globes, which are just as rubbish and dangerous for night country driving.
Looking at purchasing the full kit (lights, wiring and ballasts). And a little confused on all the options on:

http://www.brightlightautoparts.com/HIDKits.html

All I have worked out so far is that I need a "H4" globe system.
-- Does it matter if I have a 35w, 55w or 100w kit?
-- I have no spotties, so I will need a "Bi-Xenon" light, yeah? (for both the hi/low beam?
-- Finally, What temperature? I have an option from 4300K, 6000K, and 8000k ...?

Please don't tell me to go to another store or ebay etc, I have store credit here and need to spend it up soon.

Cheers guys, S.

Get the projector kit from Mick on here. Otherwise the light is dog shit.

My Dmax has projector's and they're awesome.

if i could change my HID's i would go to the 35w, my 55w are far too bright on low beam.. pisses lots of ppl off.

i picked up my hid kit on ebay with a 12 month warranty for 170 bucks
i bought 55w 6000k. H4 obviously.

i agree with stockappy, the is not much of a difference between low and hi beam but i think majority of hid's are like that so i guess if you dont want you low beam to be so bright then go down to 35w. i definitely wouldnt recommend 100w.

i picked up my hid kit on ebay with a 12 month warranty for 170 bucks
i bought 55w 6000k. H4 obviously.

i agree with stockappy, the is not much of a difference between low and hi beam but i think majority of hid's are like that so i guess if you dont want you low beam to be so bright then go down to 35w. i definitely wouldnt recommend 100w.
That's not true mate.

A real HID set up (projector HID) does have a real highbeam and there low beam are easily double the output of any ebay HID kit.

Ambo for the price of that HID kit in your link I could almost sell you a Projector HID kit and the ballasts I use have the same warm up as OEM. The ballasts where actually designed my me unlike the mass produced stuff on that site which is just cheap Chinese ballasts with a sticker on them.

Cheers Mick

Back