Goodbye Nav hello Patrol

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for all the positive comments, thought you guys may have bagged the $hit out of me. I'll hang around on this forum, its certainly one of the best on the net and I will continue to be a active member of VNOG, if they don't throw rocks at me:cheers!:

I just hope who ever ends up with my KC doesn't turn up on here.:sad:

The end of the day mate whatever suits your needs is up to you.

While the ZD30 isn't as powerful as the YD25 I like the ZD30 and Id buy a ZD30 powered Patrol.

Dave.

I guess you haven't heard of landrover defenders, jeeps and the toyota landcruiser 70 series then. Nice choice though but I couldn't bring myself to part with that much money for a new car and then spend another 15k on mods. The other half wouldn't let it happen anyway. :sarcastic:

As for the new patrol being released. Never fear Nissan are retaining the solid axle patrol for at least a few years yet. Much the same as how they are marketing the D40 and D22 side by side. One version is for hairdressers and the other for offroading. TIC.

Ah yes what i meant was the only live axle wagon worth buying, and the only one at a good price

The end of the day mate whatever suits your needs is up to you.

While the ZD30 isn't as powerful as the YD25 I like the ZD30 and Id buy a ZD30 powered Patrol.

Dave.

I have gone all soft and moved my Nav for an Xtrail as I will be driving it for work, and with the distance I will be driving, comforth behind the wheel was a major factor (I worked out that I am spending just under a full month in hours behind the wheel each year!)

But a Patrol came in for serious consideration, as did a base spec Pathfinder. The Xtrail only trumped them as it was $10K cheaper and made too much of a difference in monthly payments to justify the extra.

I don't mind the current shape X-Trails, and they seem to be fairly decent off-roaders compared to some others in the category. Wouldn't mind the TL DCi model....

Exactly what I am getting, in a manual. A nice amount of fruit to go with it. Nice stereo with reversing camera and sat nav, big sunroof, leather interior, nice and quiet, brisk performance where the old ZD30 would be called relaxed at best, comfortable seats. What promises to be pretty good fuel economy, good headlights etc.

The auto is ok as far as it goes but I may need to tow my race car with it very occasionally and the auto is both downrated power and torque wise but also looses 650kg of tow rating at 1350 instead of 2000kg like all the others.

The manual diesel actually has decently brisk performance. I thought long and hard and then wrote them off as I did not like the driving position (Wheel was too far away) then Nissan made me think again by facelifting them and adding reach adjustable steering. Comfort behind the wheel plus the cost difference to a D40/R51 made the decision reasonably easy in the end. I just had to convince myself that a 6X4 trailer would replace the D22 for almost anything I would ever do with it. But I still miss my ute.

I haven't driven a diesel Xtrail but going by the figures I reckon they would haul arse.

From memory they make more torque then the ZD30.

I have driven a few petrol Xtrails though but only auto's.

I was never one for rwd or fwd but these days I prefer thye rwd bias in vehicles.

However would consider a diesel Xtrail as a second car.

Dave.

I would always prefer a rwd over fwd but in anything mid size you are not exactly spoilt for choice! Not unless I buy a Beemer anyway. at least if the road is damp I can chuck it in auto 4WD and tame any torque steer that way.

Performance wise I would describe the auto diesel as a bit ho hum, nothing wrong with it but nothing special. The manual is in a different class altogether and makes a mockery of the petrol version I think.

Every time I set foot into a new common rail vehicle I am impressed, i test drove a Jeep Patriot (with the 2.0L VW diesel & 6 speed manual) and it went like a rocket. We've got a new VW Caddy at work and that too flies. I don't think i would go back to a petrol vehicle, diesels these days are just so much better to drive IMO, just so effortless

That was what impressed me the most in the Xtrail. The lower mid range urge was like driving a Falcon six, without having a top end like the ZD30.

Any luck I will have it in my hands in a day or two. It is on the docks, it is complied, just waiting at the mercy of the transport companies to get it out to the dealer for pre delivery and handover! The car was expected at the dealers Friday last week but it is still sitting in the docks!

I'll be chomping at the bit to test drive a new TDV6 D40....probably won't buy one though....

Have you taken possession yet King?
I have just bought this, organising finance so hope to pick it up by the weekend

P1010999.jpg

My Navara will be for sale soon :) been a great rig but after nearly 4 years I feel like a change

No not yet, It is suppose to dock in Melbourne today, then a week to clear customs. Probably take delivery in 2 more weeks.

Looks like you've found a nice clean rig there.

Just hope you do better than I did. I am picking my Xtrail up tomorrow, a full week after I hoped. As usual there was some sort of industrial action on the docks and it took two weeks to get it out of there.

Cheers king, its a 2005 4.2 TDi ST with 168 km on the clock, needs a wash but its straight as. Paid 28k which I think is reasonable

Lets hope there's no industrial action while your new rig is being unloaded!

Last edited:
I hope so, I just ordered a new bullbar, I'll have a shed full of parts with nothing to bolt them onto!

Tidy GU Shannon, my mates got a 04 ST but its white. He just spent $5000 on the tray.

Post up some pics of the wagon when you get it.

Dave.

Cheers Dave, I plan on doing a custom tray also but hope it doesnt cost that much!! If he's done something a little different I would love to see a couple pics [email protected]

I would of been happy with white, they look awesome with dark tint, black wheels etc but I like the goldish colour also.

I know what you mean king, I will be ordering a lockright front locker on wednesday and I havent even go the bus yet haha

Back