Goodbye Nav hello Patrol

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leprechaun

Reaction score
Traded the Nav in for a Patrol today. Get it in about 2 weeks as its still on the boat on it's way from Japan.

ST hand grenade wagon,auto, polar white. Manage to drag a snorkle and carpets out of them. $50,500 drive away.

Atleast some one came to their senses lol. Even though it's a bran spanker, i would consider doing the mods (boost and pyro guages, block egr etc)

Can't wait to see pics. Good luck.

Traded the Nav in for a Patrol today. Get it in about 2 weeks as its still on the boat on it's way from Japan.

ST hand grenade wagon,auto, polar white. Manage to drag a snorkle and carpets out of them. $50,500 drive away.

Did they also throw in a flak jacket in case the grenade detonates? :lol:

Your googling now aren't you!
For fabrication plans for drawers, underbody protection, rock sliders, suspension, wheel offset, dual battery, fridge mounts, car computers, chips, exhausts etc etc... :big_smile:

congrats! Hope you have a bit more luck with this one
Me too.:suicide2:
Atleast some one came to their senses lol. Even though it's a bran spanker, i would consider doing the mods (boost and pyro guages, block egr etc)
Yes, they don't go like a Navara, no mid/ top end power at all. 3" exhaust is certainly high on the priority list.

Did they also throw in a flak jacket in case the grenade detonates? :lol:
The salesman acted dumb when I mentioned the explosive nature of the engine. I figured a Landcruiser was 20K more so even if it does go bang, a good excuse to fit a V8 and still be infront. And Boss I will be able to run 33's with no need to mod the suspension. Jealous?:sarcastic:

Your googling now aren't you!
For fabrication plans for drawers, underbody protection, rock sliders, suspension, wheel offset, dual battery, fridge mounts, car computers, chips, exhausts etc etc... :big_smile:

Yep, up to page 50 of 500 on the Patrol forum, lots to learn.

Think I'll start by building a roof rack, fairly sure work needs some 25mm stainelss tube and mandrel bends!

there are no grenades in the CRD version, so dont worry about that... they respond well to gas, but do the exhaust at the same time, and oil cooler, and intercooler or at least scoop upgrade.

I just went the other way, I miss the troll, but I needed a ute with 5 seats, and a chop was out of the question :(

you chose a good wagon, I love the current shape patrols, considering they're the only solid axle wagon on the market, & they look great! Good Stuff mate!

I would love one in the gunmetal grey/silver colour

Attachments

• 1024x768.jpg
    1024x768.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 89
awesome, i'd prefer one then the nav if i didn't have to have a ute for work.

Yeah they look nice, and with some 33s they look like a beast. Can't wait to see what you do to it & some pictures. I reckon I'll go for one of them next too. But for the moment I'm loving the nav. All the best with it when it arrives.

Nice work! Im very close to getting a GU ute, wont be a brand new one but ill make sure its a 4.2 TDi with a coil rear end. 2-3 inch lift = 35"s yes please!

Good you got in before the new model comes out :) independent front end :(

2011_nissan_patrol_01.jpg

Congrats on the purchase and good luck with it. Thanks for all your helpful advice on this forum too, in spite of the problems you've suffered you have always given people helpful info.

Hopefully he will stick around.

What are you doing up so early Tony ?

Actually answer that in the Randon chat thread so we dont steal the thread.

Dave.

Thanks for all the positive comments, thought you guys may have bagged the $hit out of me. I'll hang around on this forum, its certainly one of the best on the net and I will continue to be a active member of VNOG, if they don't throw rocks at me:cheers!:

I just hope who ever ends up with my KC doesn't turn up on here.:sad:

Thanks for all the positive comments, thought you guys may have bagged the $hit out of me. I'll hang around on this forum, its certainly one of the best on the net and I will continue to be a active member of VNOG, if they don't throw rocks at me:cheers!:

I just hope who ever ends up with my KC doesn't turn up on here.:sad:

Thats all right ... i'm getting used to extracting Landcruisers, patrols and D22's from sticky situations with my D40 ...

you chose a good wagon, I love the current shape patrols, considering they're the only solid axle wagon on the market, & they look great! Good Stuff mate!

I would love one in the gunmetal grey/silver colour

I guess you haven't heard of landrover defenders, jeeps and the toyota landcruiser 70 series then. Nice choice though but I couldn't bring myself to part with that much money for a new car and then spend another 15k on mods. The other half wouldn't let it happen anyway. :sarcastic:

As for the new patrol being released. Never fear Nissan are retaining the solid axle patrol for at least a few years yet. Much the same as how they are marketing the D40 and D22 side by side. One version is for hairdressers and the other for offroading. TIC.

Last edited:
Back