Fuel Gauge

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reaper350

Reaction score
I filled my 08 D40 for the first time yesterday it was about 1/4 full. The gauge did not move i drove country roads for 1/2 hour it slowly moved to 1/3 full, parked the car for 4 hours. When i started up, still 1/3 full. 1/2 hour of driving the gauge moves to full. Any one had this problem?

Mine isn't that slow to get to the full mark although I have seen it take several minutes to get to the full mark on the odd occasion. I was driving a 7 tonne tray Suzie they other day and it took nearly 40 ks for the needle to travel the top 1/4 of the gauge (by the time it got there I was expecting it too fall back down to half).

The fuel gauge isn't much more than a volt meter if it's getting mixed signals or it's getting the wrong signals it makes no difference what is in the tank. Crappy contacts and bad connections are easy to blame but given that it's an 08 if it happens again take it back to a dealer. Holden are useless at fixing fuel gauges I'm not sure how Nissan stack up but I'd consider it faulty on a car thats only 2 years old.

My sender unit was replaced 3 times and its still crap.Nissan did it under warranty but due to some reason they didnt deem it required to fix a 6 month old unit when the warranty ran out. I just rely on the Scangauge and just use the gauge as a rough idea of how much is left

mine has been doing it the last 2 fill ups today gauge said i only had 1/4 left so went to fill up and could only get 45L in and last time fuel light came on and i still had 18 litres in the tank when i filled up.

Twice my D40 ran out of fuel (at home luckily) the fuel gauge read just under 1/4 when I started the car up and let it run for a min then bang the car konked out, no fuel! so I took it to Nissan and they replaced it under warranty. So far I have not had a problem since.

D40 Fuel Gauge Problem

i am having the same problem, still shows between 1/4 and empty and runs out of fuel. I put a new fuel sender in and exact same thing happened. What did they replace in yours to fix it silvernavara?

Back