Fitted a dp chip now she wont start!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's interesting what you say about your Nav an the DP chip mate.

I have got one off my good mate since he took it off his Nav when he traded it. Both my Nav an his are both 2005 3L turbo's but yet when I rang DP chip for a set of instructions ( ol mate lost his original one's) DP said do not fit the chip till I send it back to them to be reprogrammed other wise it could kill my Nav even though they are both identical!!

Maybe he wasn't try to just screw me over an was serious an maybe you found out the hard way! :/

Suppose I better put mine In the post then hey.....

what year and how many k,s are on your nav??

2004 with 100,000k's I should have checked the fuel filter more often, they told me it was very dirty, hence the slightly worn injector pump.
A new cpu wont accept an injector pump that is less than %100 perfect.

It's interesting what you say about your Nav an the DP chip mate.

I have got one off my good mate since he took it off his Nav when he traded it. Both my Nav an his are both 2005 3L turbo's but yet when I rang DP chip for a set of instructions ( ol mate lost his original one's) DP said do not fit the chip till I send it back to them to be reprogrammed other wise it could kill my Nav even though they are both identical!!

Maybe he wasn't try to just screw me over an was serious an maybe you found out the hard way! :/

Suppose I better put mine In the post then hey.....

Yours is the same, but mine was from a patrol which would understandably be different especially as its fitted with an intercooler, if your two Navara's are identical I cant see a problem with that?
But I was not going to try to fit my DP Chip again after what happened so thats why I had westend diesel supply and fit their steinbauer chip and selling the DP chip.

A couple of pics
steinbauer001.jpg

The chip located behind the battery
steinbauer003.jpg

brebel said:
Yours is the same, but mine was from a patrol which would understandably be different especially as its fitted with an intercooler, if your two Navara's are identical I cant see a problem with that?
But I was not going to try to fit my DP Chip again after what happened so thats why I had westend diesel supply and fit their steinbauer chip and selling the DP chip.

Yeah i see your point saying it came from a patrol.....
In regards to my chip that's what I said to them, there bloody practically twins so why should it matter he treated me like tool though an wouldn't explain exactly why I should send it back an be charged $300 to get it wiped clean... As far as I was aware it does not hold a 'tune' as such.

Yeah i see your point saying it came from a patrol.....
In regards to my chip that's what I said to them, there bloody practically twins so why should it matter he treated me like tool though an wouldn't explain exactly why I should send it back an be charged $300 to get it wiped clean... As far as I was aware it does not hold a 'tune' as such.

That bloke sounds like an arse, they charged me $150 to re-program the chip and $100 for the wiring loom which I recon was a rip off.

Oh really??!!

Very Interesting indeed!!

Make another call tomoro me thinks.

Although when I rang them it sounded like I was speaking to someone I would expect to answer the phone for telstra somewhere o/s if ya know what I mean. Could only understand half of what was said.....

Just came back from a 1,900k trip to QLD and back towing a fully loaded trailer, the Steinbauer makes a worthwhile difference, I didn't have to override the cruise control nearly as much, only on steeper hills and fuel usage was no worse/maybe better than stock, shoulda chipped it years ago. thumbs up!

Hi Brebel...

Good to hear you got everything sorted now.

I must admit I was pretty nervous about installing your chip. I called DP about it first just to make sure they had checked everything was OK with it, not just reprogram and fit new loom. They convinced me it would definitely be checked and nothing could go wrong, even told me if it was incorrectly programmed it wouldnt affect the engine to the point of damage. I compared the instructions between the Navara/Patrol but couldnt really see any difference, maybe you hooked onto the wrong wire on the pump?

Anyway, I put it in on Saturday. All soldered up, no scotch clips though, didnt want to take the risk. Everythings working fine, quite happy with the results, real test will be when we get it fully loaded up for our next trip, towing the boat etc...

Interesting how just at idle the emmisions smell richer than before... I'm not expecting much in the way of economy but as long as she pulls better. :)

Toadnode, im glad you had no issues with it, I think it must have been the somewhat dodgy wiring loom that DP chip replaced that caused my expensive problem.

hi guys i also have a dp chip to fit in my 3L navara D22 but the connections have been cut off and i am left with five wire and i dont know were they go can someone help with the instruction as i dont have that as i bought it second hand my email is [email protected] thanks

I cant help you as I dont have the instructions anymore, I recommend you get it checked over by Berrima diesel (the makers of DP Chip) to avoid the 5k repair bill I had to deal with. They can supply a new wiring loom for $100, yes they do know how to charge dont they.:rant:

Back