diff locks

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

which locker

• rear air

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • front air

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • front auto locker

Votes: 26 47.3%
  • both front and rear air

Votes: 9 16.4%

• Total voters
They are great. Adds so much more capability to your Nav for so little $$$.

I haven't been in a situation where I've said "damn I wish I could unlock my diff". No clicking or noises.

Do it.

i take it you push your nav pretty hard then? this is the info i want to hear.

bryan

i take it you push your nav pretty hard then? this is the info i want to hear.

bryan

I definitely don't flog the shit out of it, but I will give nearly everything a go and I fail the first time cos more right foot is required then il go back and do it with more right foot.

I prefer slow speed tactical and difficult obstacles. I've had the Lokka in since Christmas and have given it a few good tests. No regrets.

Yeh meant to say yesterday. Up the powerlines. I haven't heard of any CVs that are stronger than standard. Mine were aftermarket. Snapped inside the inner hub area. ****ed everything. Still trying to get it all apart so I know what's broken and can start looking for parts.

Attachments

• image-2531987093.jpg
    image-2531987093.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 82
Much mud at the lines? I might go up Sunday to test the LOKKA out. Wanna try the hardest lines I can find

Not a lot of mud yet. I wrote it up on the Perth thread. Everything is about half full of water and the bottom is still pretty firm. Enjoy! Il be licking my wounds for a little while I think. Stub axle, free wheeling hub and CV.

I was quoted $2200 installed by OL Wangara although I think I can haggle them down to the 2K mark. Im gonna ring a few more OL stores on Monday to see how the price compares. The locker itself is sold for $1600 then they want 600 for labour to put it in.
As for Air Locker its cheaper, $1300-$1500 for the locker and 500 labour to install it but you need to buy a compressor aswell which is $300. The front ones are even more due to more labour, around the $650 mark. However they give u some discount if you get both front and rear done at the same time.

In a previous post I said all up it would be 4100 for front and rear air lockers and $4400 for front and rear E Lockers.

yeh wow. I wont be doing that. Ive still gotta do bullbar, winch and rear bar, plus my current repairs that need to be done.

well i just so happens i might be getting a locker sooner than it thought, look like i have blown the front diff up winching up a nasty rocky climb over the weekend.

bryan

4x4-str what were you doing when you smashed your hub?

bryan

4wding. Hehe. Slow speed water run. 1st gear low range. There was a big lip to exit the run which I didn't make it out of the first attempt, so I tried again, still in 1st but just a bit harder. Both front wheels must have got some air and then when they hit the ground it snapped.

I had my windows up so I didn't hear it, but it's on the video, il post it up soon.

how do you guys find the auto lokka on hill climbs?

i went up hearn spur track yesterday going from wonnangatta to dargo, made it up no probs but it was a bit slippery. lokka would have come in handy but it didnt seem like there was much weight on the front wheels so i dont think it would have had as much effect as a rear locker.

how do you guys find the auto lokka on hill climbs?

i went up hearn spur track yesterday going from wonnangatta to dargo, made it up no probs but it was a bit slippery. lokka would have come in handy but it didnt seem like there was much weight on the front wheels so i dont think it would have had as much effect as a rear locker.

Mate, I got an auto Lokka. Farking unreal!! It dominates on hill climbs. In my opinion a rear Lokka would not be as affective as the front. It's so easy for us to lift a front wheel just off the ground and lose momentum. The D22 already has a nice LSD. With the Lokka in the front it seems to pull the Nav up the hills with the centre of gravity of the Nav being more forward, if the auto Lokka was in the rear with less weight over the axle, the Lokka might be wasted with slippage from no weight to force traction from the ground. Yeh? My opinion. But love the Lokka

Well I got the Lola installed to the diff and then swapped diffs last weekend, went for a little play at a local disused clay quarry and all I can say is FARK!!

What a difference!! It climb hills that I haven't ever been able to with ease, I was a bit greasy from some rain but the wasn't any bounce and jumping like there used to be it just drives straight up.

Did a quick run in hi range on the dirt also to see what it was like and holy shit! It nearly sent me bush to the right from the torque steer, it is manageable but really isn't really a drama as I rarely run in 4wd on the dirt any way! It could also be interesting on the beach.

But I it has now become evident that my transfer chain has stretched, I have a second hand case here now to swap over so hopefully I is a good one!

Here is the vid of the transfer chain noise
[YT]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ccAApnpSbcI[/YT]

Will keep you updated on how the looks goes as I do more 4x4ing.

Cheers
Bryan

Latest posts

Back