Dead DPF

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sheilus78

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i am a new member today.
I've got a 2007 Nissan Navara D40 2.5L that i love very much. It just had a problem with the DPF so we took it to the Nissan dealer, they want to charge me 4250 for a new PF, genuine, plus job so it would br 5000$$.:confused3:
We are not going ahead, can't afford it, so we were offered by someone else to remove the DPF and get another exhaust and a few more stuff.
Now my question is can this really be done???? I on't want to change something in my car that it is there for some reason, and if we do it is it legar to drive without that filter?? Will it damage the car???
I would really appreciate any help, i need to pick it up from the dealer as they can hold it there if they are not fixing it.
Thanks very much :thank_you2:

Welcome to the forum.

Legality: removing the DPF is illegal but the likelihood of being detected is so close to zero - inspectors would have to pull you over for starters, then they'd have to know that your model originally came with a DPF. You have more chance of winning Powerball 15 weeks running.

Will removing it damage your car? No. It's a filter for the soot in your exhaust.

What will be the consequences of removing it? There's a list:

1) You'll notice smoke behind you when you accelerate and the turbo isn't up to speed

2) The inside of your exhaust will turn black

3) You will get royally roused on by the missus if you park the car with the exhaust facing the door of the house and then decide to crank the engine over on a cold morning with the door open.

4) You MIGHT suffer when your ECU decides it needs to do a regen anyway because the sensors have sent the wrong message to the ECU. Write to auggie (a user on this forum) and ask about the sensor replacements to resolve/prevent this.

It is worth investigating whether your DPF can be cleaned/regenerated first.

A forced regenerative cycle uses around quarter of a tank and by the end you have to have a service.

If you want a "new" Dpf, let me know. I removed mine, but had mine professionally cleaned to be like "new".. yours for $250 (plus postage / shipping)

OR

Buy yourself a DPF removal pipe (like I did) and either re-calibrated sensors, or a full engine re-map.. set you back between $600 - $1500 dollars... Never worry about DPF again..

Latest posts

Back