D40 kingcab retrofitout

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sir-revalot

Reaction score
Hello fellow Navarians. So I have a D40 kingcab poverty pack. No central locking, no keyless entry, manual wind up windows, no cruise control nothing. I'm wrecking a dual cab with everything. Question is, knowing that I have to change the dash harness, will the bcm and the ecu in the kingcab run all these extras or will it need to be reprogrammed? Also looking for a tub for it, I've found a d23 kingcab tub, has anyone converted a d23 tub to fit a d40? Do the body lines line up?

The BCM from the KC might not run it all, because - knowing big corporations and their penchant for not spending a dollar unless they have to - the BCM may not even have the components within it to handle things like receiving the remote signal from the keyfob or managing the electric windows.

It might be possible to put the dual cab's BCM into the KC though - if you have the keys to the doors of the dual cab (which are coded to the BCM) that part might work.

To be completely honest - if it were my car I was doing it to - I'd just try it and see. One way or another you should be able to make something happen. The BCM can be bought as a replacement item, so I'd be surprised if it kicked up too much of a stink by going into another vehicle.

T
The BCM from the KC might not run it all, because - knowing big corporations and their penchant for not spending a dollar unless they have to - the BCM may not even have the components within it to handle things like receiving the remote signal from the keyfob or managing the electric windows.

It might be possible to put the dual cab's BCM into the KC though - if you have the keys to the doors of the dual cab (which are coded to the BCM) that part might work.

To be completely honest - if it were my car I was doing it to - I'd just try it and see. One way or another you should be able to make something happen. The BCM can be bought as a replacement item, so I'd be surprised if it kicked up too much of a stink by going into another vehicle.
The issue is that the bcm and the ecu are a matched pair, unless reprogrammed. The ecu in the dual cab has that issue with the ground feed from it, remember the one i grounded out the grey wire under the passenger seat to stop it throwing a differential pressure sensor code. Licensing failed it due to the chassis being too thin from rust. So now I'm wrecking it and fixing up the parts car with all the bits off the dual cab.

The electric windows is just a power feed from what I can tell. Central locking I'm not sure about yet and the cruise control is controlled by the ecu, ecu is fed a signal from the speedo. The KC has no NATS system so I'd like to keep it that way if I can.

I've just done this. Everything works apart from the keyless entry. The dash needed to be changed as the loom is different. Mine now has electric windows, electric mirrors, central locking. There's an easy way to program key fobs on YouTube but my bcm isn't even getting to the first step where the hazard lights flash. Somehow thus needs to be activated in the bcm. BTW mine has no nats. I'm still yet to test the cruise control but the radio steering wheel controls work.

Did you find a tub? I've got a 2013 D40 King Cab (Thai built) that I'm considering replacing with a tray so the tub would be available.
I found a d23 one but it's a bit short in the front. I'm having trouble fitting it as only two of the mount holes line up. I'm definitely keen if you still want to sell it. What area are you?

Located in South Gippsland, about 2 hours SE of Melbourne.
If I can find a tray that's not ridiculously expensive, I'lll do the swap but need to investigate if I'd need a new tow bar as well.

Located in South Gippsland, about 2 hours SE of Melbourne.
If I can find a tray that's not ridiculously expensive, I'lll do the swap but need to investigate if I'd need a new tow bar as well.
Tow bar should be okay. The ones for the tray just hang out a little bit further. SE Gippsland is a bit of a drive for me as im in Portland. I'm prepared to make the treck though. What colour is it and how much would you be chasing for it?

Tow bar should be okay. The ones for the tray just hang out a little bit further. SE Gippsland is a bit of a drive for me as im in Portland. I'm prepared to make the treck though. What colour is it and how much would you be chasing for it?
Yes, saw you were in Portland.
It’s white with factory tub liner. Couple of minor dents on the top edge and some surface rust on same spots.
Make me an offer.

Latest posts

Back