NP 300 details and pricing.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sat in the STX the other day - thought it was a little small inside compared to the ranger. Plenty of features though & seemed well finished.

They did say that all dual cab variants get a 5 link set up in the rear.
Don't know what happened with the one in the pic.
Probably a poverty pack.

Pretty sure the ST and STX models will be having the 5 link rear end. Nissan are taking their sweet ass time releasing all the specs though.

Test drove an auto st on weekend. Some thoughts vs d40 man after a brief drive in urban areas

* noise. Engine is very loud off idle. Sounds gruff and unappealing. Better at speed but far from class leading.

* more flexible engine vs d40, never feels like 150 or 450nm are available
*gbox. Kicks down too early and does not allow the torque to do the work like in man. This could be pretty avg with trailer in tow
*soft suspension. Great ride but big question about the softness of the suspension. A lot more roll and I suspect would btm out easily on dirt

*brakes. No chg or improvement in power /feel

*coils- great around town with no load. No skip from rear.
*interior - pleasant. Seat has less adjustments vs d40. Seat Base is shorter than d40. Rear is improved but still miles away from ranger

*finally! Double door seals. Full wrap around!

*all new. Well chassis looks the same underside. Front suspension looks the same.

Remaining questions
*towing - how does it perform with 3t behind it
* fuel consumption - some big claims on numbers. Early test point to optimism of 1.0-1.5l /100
*vsc- not sure if that can be fully deactivated.

Hi guy's haven't been on for a while but thought I would to see if anyone has a NP300 yet but this is the closest I could find.

I recently went into my local stealer to see about getting another D40 with there runout special they currently have on but unfortunitly they don't have any Silver auto STX's left over here in NZ. Long story short the salesman was really rude and unhelpful to me so I sent Nissan NZ a email to state my unhappiness and to see if they could source me a D40 elsewhere. They were unable and after them also having problems with my stealer they put me on to another one further down the country and asked me because of the km's I do (approx 70,000km a year which is high for NZ) and my loyalty to navara's if I would consider a NP300 (They haven't been released here yet and wont be until next month) anyway after a bit of to-and fro ing I agreed to purchase a STX. The national sales manager from Nissan NZ rung me personally to thank me for staying loyal and is making sure that my one is one of (if not) the first one on the road for a customer in NZ.
I have to say I'm a little concerned with it being such a change from the D40 and was very close to purchasing a Ranger so time will see. I should take delivery in the next couple of weeks so once I do I'll post up some pic's and let you all know what it's like.
Between my first D40 and my current one I've traveled nearly half a million km's in them without any major problems and I'm hoping like hell I'll get the same sort of run out of this new one too.

Congrats mate.
Be sure to talk to the manager of the dealer about his contacts for accessories as it will be great advertising for his dealership. Being the first on the road! Let's the good times roll. And the freebies hopefully haha

Congrats and don't forget a bit of a write up when you get it.
I'd believe you more rather than what the dealers tell me.

Thanks guys.

I've ordered it with nudge bar (factory one looks like R51 pathfinder one), canopy, bonnet stone guard,bed liner (which is now 5 piece) rubber matts and towbar package.

I was going to go for an ST but decided I'd get the ST-X just for the wanky extras like 18" wheels, auto entry, push button start and the bigger touch screen radio.

I'm not keen on the sunroof but I'm sure the kids will love it.

Last edited:
That's because they have been out in Thailand for about 6 months.

Although the one's they have still have the D40 YD25 motor which if you look closely at the pictures put up at the begining of the thread (page 2) you'll see by the stickers on the door. OR look at Nissan Thailand website.

Last edited:
Wow, just had a scroll through eBay and typed in NP300.
There is so much stuff for this thing already to bling it up.

just be careful you do not mix up with the UK D22. they called the 08-on version NP300. bit of a PR stunt to get away from navara D22 bad name due to the rod through the block issue the pre 08 ones had.

Solid..

Attachments

• m83sDC0dayb_6xU1yC1vIDX6Ua8inEo7IlBvdvmbA63II4huxcHsr3aNNi5Z3aJyoNUd-i9QxxzwBvJ1VMCb5votuMUMmYGA.jpg
    m83sDC0dayb_6xU1yC1vIDX6Ua8inEo7IlBvdvmbA63II4huxcHsr3aNNi5Z3aJyoNUd-i9QxxzwBvJ1VMCb5votuMUMmYGA.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 142
Test drove the NP300 today

I really like the comfort and how it drive . The coil over rear end is whats getting me
1 and 2 gear you dont rear fell the graunt may be coz of the extra turbo. As soon as you hit 3 and 4th you really fell the power.
Theh reackon NP300 has been in testing for 4 yrs before its release.
Im gonna wait untill the stx comes out will see how we go might consider a trade in

I'm gonna wait at least a year or two untill someone develops all the parts to replace the flimsy factory arms etc I think.untill then I'm a steer well clear because once I drive it I'll want it

Latest posts

Back