D40 Best Snorkel? Safari or Gen Nissan

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nissan Nut

Reaction score
Hey all, I know this post had probably been done 1000 times..

Looking at the Genuine Nissan Snorkel, over the Safari? Just wonder what are your thoughts and if you've had any problems with either one of them..

You guys are going to laugh, i was keen to put a Safari one on but when i seen it i thought it looked a little Bulky around the pillar..

Are they as good as the Safari.. You know what they say tho "practicality first".. :)

Cheers!

if fitted correctly they both work fine, BUT i chose to go with the SAFARI due to the fact you can turn the head around if you need to which cant be done with the Nissan version.
Also with the SAFARI you can buy all sorts of other filters for the head and neck from people like "UNI FILTER"

the genuine nissan one requires a little D.I.Y to ensure it is water tight... nothing difficult though

I myself have a genuine one cause their neat. And reckon the safari ones look shit .

i went geniune pure for the look of em

they look 10000000000x better than the safari

downside is that they arent water proof from the get go..

nothing a little sikaflex wont fix

If you decide you want a genuine snorkel, buy an airtec. Same product, different branding. If its fitted by a TJM outlet, you might even get it sealed properly...

If you decide to fit it yourself, make sure to get the correct grade of sikaflex (polyurethane), as roto molded polyethylene is incredibly difficult to bond to.

The Safari snorkel is ugly, in my eyes, and would make the Nav look like a truck. I've heard they are good though. I like the gen nissan/tjm snokel, they look neet.

i guess the safari does seperate the water at the ram when driving at 100 in rain i can see it pouring out of the seperator but yeah it is ugly compared to the stocker.

All the people going on about the looks of the snorkel make me laugh!!! IMO all 4x4's look better with out them so it comes down to function, and as i said the Safari's ram and the fact that you can buy sock filters and ram filters make it the better choice. (IMO)
If we have to share our thoughts on aesthetics in my opinion the STOCK D40 snorkel looks like a gun holster for an AGG bike FARKEN shit house!!
The stock one i had on my D22 looked like shit, the ram is the only bit that looks good, shame the ram doesn't work as good as the Safari which to me is more important then the look.

The problem i had with my genuine snorkel was when it snows on my farm in the tassie hylands and when we get over 6 inches the small gum sapplings hang over the road from the weight of the snow and simply block the intake, So not being able to turn the haed is my only drama with genuine snorkel.

Well i think no matter what where does all the rainwater go with the "golfclub" style snorkle at hwy speed the safari ram looks huge on my 22 but once you are used to it it looks good as said previous it's there for a reason for a snorkle who cares how it looks,mind you black rims and me will never agree

Well i think no matter what where does all the rainwater go with the "golfclub" style snorkle at hwy speed the safari ram looks huge on my 22 but once you are used to it it looks good as said previous it's there for a reason for a snorkle who cares how it looks,mind you black rims and me will never agree

What you talk to black rims?? why dont you guys agree??
After all, i would of thought it would be a one way argument!! :sarcastic:

Latest posts

Back