D40 After Market Timing Chain Kit

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fingerless4

Reaction score
Hello guys and girls,
I have to replace my timing chain and I am wondering if anyone has had any issues with using after market kits? Nissan want $1700 for a made up kit, if they can get the parts. I have found an after market kit for $690.
Cheers
Matthew

I had this kit installed nearly four years ago and it's been great. YD25 Duplex Timing Chain Conversion Kit

The cost for the kit back then was about the same as what Nissan has quoted you. The kit referenced in the link above is the dual row conversion which I reckon is worth doing since the front of the engine is already apart. With labour at +$150 per hour it's usually the lion's share of the cost.

The cheaper after market kits are probably single row for the lower chain. If you do a standard risk assessment the outcome is lilely to be "high risk" for the cheap kits considering the consequences of a broken chain are usually catastrophic for the engine.

There is good information on the YD25 website and they're respected as a supplier of quality timing chain kits.

What he said..
I did mine 1500 km ago myself, net cost about 1500 plus consumables and man what a difference. I can promise you the pico scope images on YD25 websire are fair dinkum.

Latest posts

Back