D22 Best Engine Oil And First Change

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phxeent

Reaction score
D22 What's the Best Engine Oil to use in a new 2013 Nav??. And when do u recommend First oil Change. Some Mechs Hav said @ 1000klm than @ 5000klm, every 5000 after. Nissan just said @ 10.000klm

Thanks

Just go to Nissan. The dealer I go to uses castrol magnatech 15-40w
Of you've bought a new car just do manufactures log books and servicing. Warranty protects you. Anyone else add anything?

I always change oil and filter every 5k if you intend keeping the rig for a long time do this but most do it at 10k and that's fine depends how fussy you are.

I do filter and oil every 5k. For a brand new car i was told 1k then at 5k then every 5k after. Do the logbook services at a mechanic but do the 5k services yourself if your confident. I use a 5w-30/40 fully syn oils in my car every 5k. Its personal choice but i tend on keeping the rig for a very long time so wish to keep it in tip top shape so i have less maintenance dowm the track. You can use a semi synthetic oil of the same oil rate as its a little cheaper.

I use 10w-40 every 3000km with a new filter full Syn. I drive 1250km per week, I found after 3000kms the fuel consumption starts. Your call mate.

I'm with Rusty on this. Filter and oil every 5K.

D40 here but 5W-40 Full Syn. Penrite or Mobil One Delvac if can get my hands on it. Probably overkill but at least I know that side of things is all good.

Yes I'm religious too, every 5000km
Oil and filter, oil looses its viscosity.i also do my rear LSD at the same time, do a bit of towing with my camper trailer. And it all gives me peace of mind with the regular servicing. And I do prefer the fully synthetic Penrite oil.

Cheers Geoff

"GO THE NAV V6's"

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back