chipit chip

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi chip it ... ive tried sending emails to both your email listed on this forum, your website email and chip tunings email, but have had no response

Killer I have not seen it. I will check spam folder again now. Feel free to call me on 02 8090 1881 to discuss. Writing on here that there is an issue make people wary of buying the product when it could be a case of the dealer removing the chip and not fitting it correctly ... but in the end it still gives us a bad wrap.

BTW, my email is [email protected] (no "s")

Cheers

hi chip it ive been having troubles with your chip on my 2011 D40 the chip is only on tune 6, its been on the car since basically new and only now after 20,000kms and a day after a service has it been given me any trouble, the car keeps on going into limp mode under light, not always full throttle conditions, sometimes while sitting on the highway on cruise control. the car has your rail relief value fitted, and the code is PU0093 large fuel leak, Ive swapped the relief valve to another new one which I bought from you a while ago, but this still dosent work.

Ive tried sending emails to both your email listed on this forum, your website email and chip tunings email, but have had no response

father in law left his chip in when his prado went in for a service, after getting it back he had issues too. Turns out when the dealer plugged there machine in it altered the tune. he took the chip to the supplier they plugged there machine in and fixed it. It wasn't a chip it chip it was a t-unit.
What I am trying to say this may be the same case here.

been thinking about getting a chipit chip. do they really increase fuel economy etc or is it just hype to sell???

Chip it do not market their product as a Fuel Economy Mod, They are a power adder, If you get better fuel that's a bonus
- Robert at "CHIP TUNING" may advertise it that way, but he is not the Developer, Justin in WA is... Robert is just an onseller...

Last edited:
Thanks for your help Robert.

The Chip It Dominator Mk1 and EGR blanking plate arrived last week.

Easy installation. The change in power delivery has certainly improved the driving experience.

I will check but what do we do with the old Chip ... cant sell it. Ur are probably best to sell on fleabay for better coin

Hi all,

finally got round to installing the chip yesterday. Nice power increse, doesn't look to good on te fuel side though but didnt really expect to see a big saving in that area.

Just a couple of issues though. I too the car down to get its 40k service today and found that it didn't want to start too easy. would turn over then stall straight away. did this about 5 times then finally kept going, when it did though it had a very rough idle, one it was going and warmed up all seemed fine.

Also noticed that when i tried to give it revvs in neutral it didn't want to rev up too easy but if i put my foot on the clutch and put it into any gear it revvs up fine??

Am yet to give chip it a buzz but just wanted to check if anyone else has had that same issue.

Cheers, Tim.

Hi Tim

Seems strange.

The Navs are a popular seller for us and I have never heard of hard to start issues with them.

How is it now if you disconnect the Chip? Also did you do the fuel limiter?

If I disconnect the chip and put the test plug in the end it runs fine. Also there is no factory tune in the tune folder?

Is it possible that this is a faulty chip? Not trying to talk the chip down, would just like to sort it out?

i spoke to a bloke today who tuned my skyline
he has a lot of experience with forced induction petrol cars
he has issues with his also,d40
all it does is blow black smoke and sends his egt's sky hi
doesnt matter what level its set on
he bought it 2nd hand for $200 off the original purchaser who was not happy with it
its now in the bin
i know i said a while ago i would no longer comment on chipit
i just dont want to see any more members get burnt with these things

Last edited:
Hi sparra,

Yeah I had heard a few bad things about them but you tend to get that with all brands and the positive comments that went with them is what sold me.

Hopefully chip it can help resolve this problem, otherwise the bin is where it is headed!

best of luck tim
keep an eye on your egt,s
have you considered a turbo back exhaust?
instant and safe gains
beaudesert is the way to go

I had the start stall thing on my 08 d40.
Random thing, no chip.
Turn the key all the way off, then try it. That worked for me.

Not giving chipit a rap. But when I purchased mine a couple of years back I had nothing but great service. Evenwhen iI rang Robert on the weekend to ask about the install. Has been going great guns since. So much down low torque when you mix it with the right boost. Pulled a stuck y62 patrol out up hill when he was bogged to the diffs in mud. The clutch got a pounding that day

Could be a Chip issue for sure. But I would check other things first. Did you try a different tune?

Also, if the Chip was to cause black smoke there is OBVIOUSLY something wrong. You would not can it of course.

On D40's there are 2 inherent issues that cause black smoke:

1) they suck in the intake pipe going from the airbox to the turbo. It causes the engine to run rich and blow smoke. Answer: Either replace standard filter with a K&N type for on road use, or change the factory pipe to a silicon or metal pipe

2) the fuel limiters leak. Patrols also leak badly. It causes the fuel pump to work hard and the ECU does not know what's going on. Its why we make after market ones. :)

Ordinarily NO ONE will pick this two faults up. Nissan included.

My best mate has a D40 and He copped both of these issues. LOL. He took it into Nissan ... NO FAULT FOUND.

We fixed those 2 issues and the car runs sweet. If anyone wants to chat with him PM me.

Could be a Chip issue for sure. But I would check other things first. Did you try a different tune?

Also, if the Chip was to cause black smoke there is OBVIOUSLY something wrong. You would not can it of course.

On D40's there are 2 inherent issues that cause black smoke:

1) they suck in the intake pipe going from the airbox to the turbo. It causes the engine to run rich and blow smoke. Answer: Either replace standard filter with a K&N type for on road use, or change the factory pipe to a silicon or metal pipe

2) the fuel limiters leak. Patrols also leak badly. It causes the fuel pump to work hard and the ECU does not know what's going on. Its why we make after market ones. :)

Ordinarily NO ONE will pick this two faults up. Nissan included.

My best mate has a D40 and He copped both of these issues. LOL. He took it into Nissan ... NO FAULT FOUND.

We fixed those 2 issues and the car runs sweet. If anyone wants to chat with him PM me.

No Issues with smoke, only smoke that i do get is white smoke but this is only when i am running the chip and while it is "learning" the new tune.

have tried tunes all the way from 1 to 7. with the same result, doesn't like to start when cold, rough idle until it warms up and seems to have extra turbo lag down low?

I have the following mods to the engine.

- 3" turbo back exhaust (not cat and straight through muffler)
- Plazmaman hot side piping
- Chip-It fuel limiter.

White smoke is DPF regen. Did you remove the factory Cat?

Where are you base Tim?

If you are close to either Sydney or Perth, drop in to see if changing the Chip Out for another fixes it.

Factory cat is gone, live in Kalgoorlie. 600kms west of Perth. So dropping in isn't the easiest to do.

Also, when i try to choose the "Factory" tune on the chip it says that there is not one installed?

Back