chipit chip

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also lets make sure people understand the difference between Chip It and Chip Tuning.

I started Chip It 6 years ago and sold it 3 years ago.

I started Chip Tuning and Chip Tuning has nothing to do with Chip It. It is Chip It that has gone belly up. Not Chip Tuning.

I have taken the Chip It Module and will change the components to reflect what I think it should currently be. ie new Op Amps, New Power supplies and new processor. With these changes the product will be back to its former reliability albeit updated as a new 2014 version.

The 2 Chips I will carry on with immediately is the DOMINATOR 1 and DOMINATOR 3. (these were names I told Justin of Chip It to go with and I still like it so I am using it again)

DOMINATOR 1
The DOM1 is a Rail Sensor and Boost Tuning Computer. $1099 +$300 EGT Control – up to 45% or more torque.

DOMINATOR 3
The DOM3 is the top shelf item It controls Rail, Injectors and Boost. $1599 +$300 EGT Control – up to 90% more torque.
Add $200.00 for the second injector bank of V6 or V8.

Dom1 will give you 30% more torque. Dom 3 will give you 50% more torque straight out of the box.

More info here: http://www.chiptuning.com.au/products-page/dominator-performance-module/

The DOM3 has the advantage of not needing to push either tuning regime hard at all. Since The DOM3 tunes Rail, Injectors and Boost we can keep in the sweet spot of both the Rail and Injector tuning.

All Modules can have the Engine Safety Feature (Watch Dog) that monitors and controls EGT.

Read more about this EGT Controller here: http://www.chiptuning.com.au/what-is-the-egt-controller/

I will bring out a DOM2 (injector tuning only) but later on. Right now I have a plate full.

Hope this helps.

If anyone has any questioned, please feel free to PM or email me

Regards

From what I been reading over the years seems like your the same company now trading under a different name.. You must have had a few engines blowing up with the chip it chip and maybe you had something to do with it.. Seen it many times before like my old builder that built my house went into insolvency and then opened up another one the week later under a different name. I think chip it is a shit chip seen so many issues with them and heard some stories! Making improvements on the same chip is like trying to clean a window with mud it's still shit. But this is my opinion so stick it where you like. End of rant.

I bought my chipit nearly two years ago from Robert. Never changed the tunes or anything like that. Never installed the pressure thing either...
I can't fault it. Never missed a beat really. Sure my clutch died but I knew that was going to happen.
I don't care much for the power increase, I like how smooth the truck is when it's on, ie no need to give it a gut full up the hill near home.

All this talk has me second guessing having it in there at all now....

For the record:

Chip Tuning has nothing to do with Chip it except that, as stated in this thread, I started Chip Tuning many many years ago. Sold it many years ago.

There are no Chip It directors (or other) that are part of this company. No silent partners no zip. Thats fact.

Instead of having cheap shots 4BYFOR (probably your style) simply search the ASIC register to verify the veracity of my claims.

4BYFOR ... I dare you. Then come back with your findings

Yeh you could be right but I still think the chip it is shit.. And if you use the same chip I don't see how it can get any better.. I give you that much is that you try to rectify problems for others but why if you sold the company years ago? Oh wait your business uses the same chip... So why did the business go under anyway? My guess would be either they were getting sued or avoiding law suits because they realised that there is something terribly wrong with their product or they can't manage a business with such a good product?

CHIP TUNING

I have had enough of your one sided attitude
people have a right to there opinion and a right to voice it on a public forum, (within reason)
when someone comes on here with issues with one of your chips the first thing you do is defend your product, its your right (and we don't intervene)
then you report that person to us (admin), that's right..3 reported posts by you in 3 days...you expect a one sided discussion?
I for one will not moderate this thread at your beck and call just so you can look good and protect your product from scrutiny
if you cant stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen
if you post rubbish I WILL delete it

people have a right to there opinion
if the majority of opinions on this forum regarding your product are negative then you may have issues with your product?? or the way you treat your customers???
I do also note that you have some happy customers, again... we all have a right to an opinion

and for the record...........I reckon 4byfor has a good point, where there's smoke there's fire
did you sell up knowing it was going bust?
you popped back up selling a very similar box of wires and promises?
and you expect people to trust and believe you?
of course we believe you, it was all a coincidence

Last edited:
My objection has always been about blatant lies and trying to deal with the facts. What was posted were lies. Deliberate or otherwise and I didn't have to accept it.

Chip Tuning started long before Chip It had issues. Remember, we are talking 18 months + before the current problematic Chip surfaced. 18 MONTHS! When I moved on the company was doing great and had a SUPER name. Very large Aussie companies had approached us at that time with the view of rebranding. A large USA performance shop did the same. This was all because Chip It had a winning product at the time. Chip It had just started a branch in Gladesville and things were looking up.

Even IF person A leaves a job knowing a company does not act in accordance that persons morals or otherwise what have they got to do with how the company runs at a later date. HE LEFT. Have you ever left a job because you didn't like the boss? If the company falls over is that your fault. Hardly. But you can go right ahead and blame whomever. That would not make it correct now would it?

I guess the proof will be if you can get these chips working reliably...but im guessing it'll be a long road to recover the products tarnished reputation.

I ended up selling mine. Was good chip but chewed bulk fuel. So had to let it go.. Buy another if i got great fuel eco out of it.

Robert I can understand your frustration which you expressed in a similar thread on the Pajero forum. People can post any negative comments, or positive for that matter, whether justified or not.

There, like here, it appears that people are still confused about the difference between Chip It and Chip Tuning and I must say that I still can't get my head around it.
Perhaps if you could explain as it may assist the situation?

What I have observed to date is that some time back you were posting under the title of Chipit and you and Lindsay, who was posting under the title of Northside 4x4, were battling it out as to who produced the better chip. At that time I can't recall any negative comments about either the Chipit or Unichip product (although there may have been disparaging comments made by each of you about each others chips). I was under the impression that you designed and owned the Chipit product and likewise Lindsay with Unichip, later learning that Lindsay was actually an employee of Northside 4x4.

Following what appeared to be an uneasy truce between yourself and "Nothside 4x4", I recall you encouraging people to trade up to a Dominator 111 chip with quite a few on here apparently taking up the offer. People started complaining that they hadn't got there chip and you were posting explanations about the chip not being ready and supply problems. At some stage during this period, in what appeared out of left field, you posted that you were Chip Tuning and had nothing to do with Chipit and the issues with the Dominator 111 chip.

So I suppose when people see that you are selling the Chipit product, there is a little confusion and so far I haven't personally read an explanation that I have understood.

If I have any of the details or timelines incorrect, please don't hesitate to highlight.

I will watch with interest and good luck with it all.

I have a MK1 Chip It and don't have a problem with it. It is set to a custom tune and offers a great performance increase. I have more than enough safeguards in place to monitor engine performance should something go wrong. If this ever happens I will be installing a Unichip as it has the ability to boost both fuel rail pressure and alter timing. It is also endorsed by united fuel injection who are one of the best diesel tuners in Australia.

I guess the proof will be if you can get these chips working reliably...but im guessing it'll be a long road to recover the products tarnished reputation.

Correct. Those that do write up about our product (Chip Tuning) will speak for themselves.

In the end, Fuel and Boost control for $1099. It will be the ONLY Performance Module made in Australia (not just rebadged) with more features at less of a price.

Hi Joe.

No, your timeline is about right actually.

At the time Northside was posting about Unichip (which is not made by Northside or Lindsay but brought in under licence) I was a director of Chip It.

About 3 months after the Gladesville office opened I found out something about the Perth Office that pissed me off. I advised that I was leaving. (it was a financial matter not a QA matter). The Gladesville store closed.

I started Chip Tuning. The remaining director of Chip It offered me the rights to sell to East Coast Dealers which was part of the pay out which was fair enough.

The product was great still from that time till circa Jan 2013 when I was told a new Chip was being released. He said it was OK to advertise the fact. (I was NOT involved in that product development) I did and started taking order which were passed on to Chip It (Perth). The funds for these orders were, of course, also passed on to Perth. This can be proven 100%.

The product was delayed for months and months. It was from THAT time on that Chip It started having issues with failing OpAmps and Power Supplies. The OpAmp issue was actually not their fault. The OpAmps (made by Texas Instruments. TI) were not living up to spec. on 11th of Jan 2014 TI released a now OpAmp to replace the one that Perth were using. They received stock of these OpAmps in Feb/March. They tried to play catch up with all the warranty claims but (I assume) by then it was too late. They ran out of funds.

To date, I have paid Chip It over $30,000 for product that either 1) I cannot use or cannot trust and will have to trash 2) orders I never received received (so I have to pay anew and replace with my own Module) or 3) monies I sent to them for advance payment for new stock. If anyone lives in sydney and wants to come see the stock on the shelf and outstanding orders I would welcome it. They can vouch for all this independently.

Can you see why I too am pissed off?

Any customer of Chip Tuning still enjoys FULL warranty and support. Not that I have to but I will soon be in a position to help Chip It customer who legitimately have a warranty claim. (ie no water damage etc). I should be able to put together a plan where I supply at cost a TOTALLY NEW Module to fix the failing OpAmps and or Power Supply. I actually will not be able to use any of the old board (ie just replace some components) since the old boards were potted (resin filled). It will be a whole new board. As I say, I will try to do this at cost to try and help out on Chip It customers.

I am not doing this because I am responsible but because I am in a position to help. At this stage that price will be $380 - $400.

I hope this explains the position well.

Cheers

I bought my chipit nearly two years ago from Robert. Never changed the tunes or anything like that. Never installed the pressure thing either...
I can't fault it. Never missed a beat really. Sure my clutch died but I knew that was going to happen.
I don't care much for the power increase, I like how smooth the truck is when it's on, ie no need to give it a gut full up the hill near home...

Thanks Mike

Hello Robert, that explains heaps.

What still intrigues me is having sold Chipit 3 years ago, how you can use the Chipit name?

And my money is on Unichip being brought in under licence from DTE.

Catch ya

On the forum you mean? It was just the handle. I changed the logo but never changed the handle. It was only 5 days ago that the handle was changed ... and only then when someone reminded me that its best to change it

No wondering how the chip that you produce can be sold with the Chipit name because I would have thought that remains the property of the purchaser to whom you sold the business 3 years ago regardless of whether they have ceased to trade?

Not being difficult here but if the Chipit product was not your liability I would assume that the name is not your asset. Being unable to understand this is why I think a lot of people are peed off?

Last edited:
Back