chipit chip for d22 worth it

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chip It said:
Thanks for that FB89. I hope soon we can help you out too ;)

Send me a "test" chip in the mail ;) haha. I'll let customer drive mine to get you business

Well this is my first post got beudesert exhaust fitted first then got chipit chip results were on a hot day 33deg exhaust only 133hp rear wheels no chip ect next fit chip egr mod 3psi boost increase 152hp on standard tune also when first run was done turbo was putting out 16psi tuner tells me 15 is standard but if we increased boost anymore or tunes the power would drop due to tiny intercooler thats why so many have fans over 80kph no probs anyway the point is from stock the exhaust was barely better but turbo spools up better with egr blank and boost plus chip all good final power at the flywheel were 152kw and 526nm drives like a real car now best mod i have done the exhaust and chip work together but do one or the other no good hope this helps you all i have looked at this topic for a year or more was going for a unichip setup but the owner of northside stopped returning my phonecalls and emails i have 3 freinds with the same car and they are now doing the same all the best to you all

How's the fuel economy with the power increase?

was that dyno calibrated properly? 133hp at the wheels almost stock? should be more like 85-90...

I guess that doesn't really matter, how much better it drives is more important, should probably get an EGT gauge though.

they are gutless down low because they don't have the cubes, have to carry 2T of weight and are off boost, IC has nothing to do with it but thanks for the info re: chip

i have put a post in the chip it specific topic mate, you can check it out there.

but no harm posting it here also.

Well its been almost a month and i STILL have not heard a reply from chip-it reguarding my chip for the ZD30.

Long story short, i was away up north, had someone drop my car in to my local chip it shop to get 3" exhaust, ZD30 chip and EGR controller installed for when i get home. Rang them on phone a couple days before i get home, yep all good, everything installed except your chip as we are expecting it in the mail tomorrow. AWESOME! i thought i went with a good company so i was quite stoked.

I arrive at chip it store after arriving in Perth from work, there is my green beast all sexy with her rather big exhaust coming out the back, i was so excited. I went in store to pay but had to wait for the service man to stop talking to some bloke about a shitty chinese chip he bought from ebay. After 15 minutes of waiting i quietly butted in and asked if he could talk to me a paying customer over this bloke and his shit chinese chip. Obviously i just wanted to drive the car and feel the difference this chip made, unfortunatly this was not the case.

Sorry sir, we are still waiting for your chip to come in the mail and we only installed your exhaust as we dont have any EGR controllers in stock either. FFS i was told on the phone EVERYTHING was installed and ready to go bar the chip which was arriving the next day.

So after a big dissapointment i was assured it would all be in mail in the next week and they would call me to book car in to get shit done, that was 4 weeks ago! Since then the exhaust developed a rattle in it due to two seperate bolts coming loose off the turbo side which instead of being fixed by chip it, i had to get under car and tighten them myself as they were too busy to fix it that day.

All in all, Chip It may be putting out some decent results and be a fantastic company, I am not denying that, but my experience with them has been rather shitty to say the least and i will not be reccommending them to anyone and I will not be getting my chip through them.

Brett
Good advice Navara members be wary!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your a pussy Chip it man, you just shit your pants cause you thought of all the business you would loose through members, hows about you fix his Nav right away and give him some money back fo his time wasted, if it was me it would have gone down a lot worse, YOUR LUCKY!!!!!!!!!! Great of Nav members to stick together and stop the shonks. Thanks Brett your a team player.

Whoa take a step back everyone we got ourselves a tough guy here!! On ya Mr Keyboard Warrior keep up the awesome work, you've got me crappin me dacks now! Mr Chip it guy, ignore this downy, and keep up the good work.

Jaymac

Chill out mate, he at least tried to fix the problem for a store that he doesn't even work at...

well i got a chipit for christmas and rob called me on holidays, organised the instructions on holidays and sent them to me, also helped me in every way over the phone. Great service i think

Defiantly recommend chipit. got both the chip and exhaust off him. Its goes real well now with the 33's on.

Your a pussy Chip it man, you just shit your pants

And you're gutless and hiding behind a keyboard.

There's no excuse for posts like that when a rep steps in to try and help fix a mess that wasn't even his fault.

If I was admin you'd be getting a holiday from the forum! "ban:

I can't complain about chipits service either. I think I rang and pm'd him several times about these chips and had nothing but helpful service from my annoying questions. Had problems when installing about what plug goes where and a simple phonecall late afternoon on a Friday or Saturday had me put right and chip.installed. love the chip now just need to do the exhaust properly

Thanks to Robert and chip it team

And you're gutless and hiding behind a keyboard.

There's no excuse for posts like that when a rep steps in to try and help fix a mess that wasn't even his fault.

If I was admin you'd be getting a holiday from the forum! "ban:

Sorry for the harsh post but this crap just gets right up my nose, dosnt take much to tell your customers the truth, i am a spraypainter and deal with my customers professionally. Youve never been treated like crap from a buisness even when handing over hard earnt money? Gee mate your lucky. The rep shouldnt have even had to step in, if the chip it shop shouldnt have stuffed Brett round in the first place, loose exhaust bolts and couldnt make time to fix it just after install, RANK AMATURE!!!!! And Geoff not hiding behind a keyboard just expresing my opinion, its a forum,, just ask yourself how you felt when you read Bretts post . What would you have done, you ledgend?

just ask yourself how you felt when you read Bretts post . What would you have done, you ledgend?

What I felt was "it's a bugger Brett got stuffed around but it's good to see the company rep stepping up to the plate and dealing with the issue that some other idiot caused".

What would I have done?

Well I manage my own small business and have done for the last 20 years so I'm no stranger to companies stuffing up and stuffing me around but one thing I've learned is you ALWAYS give a company higher ups the chance to make things right before taking things further.

What I would have done was reserved judgment until the rep had the chance to help.

What I felt was "it's a bugger Brett got stuffed around but it's good to see the company rep stepping up to the plate and dealing with the issue that some other idiot caused".

What would I have done?

Well I manage my own small business and have done for the last 20 years so I'm no stranger to companies stuffing up and stuffing me around but one thing I've learned is you ALWAYS give a company higher ups the chance to make things right before taking things further.

What I would have done was reserved judgment until the rep had the chance to help.

Fair answer, but i work to hard for my money to let some probabley non qualified spanner monkey treat me like a pawn, reserved gets you nowhere mate and thats the truth, you have to think everyone just wants your money or take you for granted. Just like the old classic comment "that wasnt like that before i dropped the car in".

Latest posts

Back