chipit chip for d22 worth it

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
520km on half a tank? you sure? should fill it up and see how many L/km you get instead.

Would be nice to see dyno. If you pushing that much power out I can't see you engine lasting to long. Fly wheelkw or atw kw? I only get 600 to half s tank. Mind you I have a long ranger 125L unit and doing between 9-10lphk. My fill ups usually consist of 115+L. I would be happy to have my dyno tuned professionally but I'm not happy with a few minor mods that need changing before I get it dynoed

Would be nice to see dyno. If you pushing that much power out I can't see you engine lasting to long. Fly wheelkw or atw kw? I only get 600 to half s tank. Mind you I have a long ranger 125L unit and doing between 9-10lphk. My fill ups usually consist of 115+L. I would be happy to have my dyno tuned professionally but I'm not happy with a few minor mods that need changing before I get it dynoed

4WD action had a review on one persons custom BT 50 ( not the new model out, the one just before) DP chip and 3 inch exhaust had it pushing out over 510nm torque from the little 3.0L and it was his weekday trade car and weekend tourer... Our navs could do it easily! ;)

I know this isn't the right thread but a few years ago I was discussing tuning the original ecu of my Mazda bt50 for better economy and more power. I eventually found a company in Sydney that did exactly this. Tuned the facory ecu to give more power and better economy. Only downside was I had to drive the vehicle down there and they would need the car for 1-2days. Also the cost was quite high. I cannot find the company anymore but if I do ill post it up. Would be nice to do instead of having the chip.

I agree we can push our motors to give us more power but I can't see them lasting to long. If we had 3.0L motors I wouldn't hesitate to say we can push the higher figures out. Just bit funny.about such high kw which is almost as high as a stx550

Rusty

I know this isn't the right thread but a few years ago I was discussing tuning the original ecu of my Mazda bt50 for better economy and more power. I eventually found a company in Sydney that did exactly this. Tuned the facory ecu to give more power and better economy. Only downside was I had to drive the vehicle down there and they would need the car for 1-2days. Also the cost was quite high. I cannot find the company anymore but if I do ill post it up. Would be nice to do instead of having the chip.

I agree we can push our motors to give us more power but I can't see them lasting to long. If we had 3.0L motors I wouldn't hesitate to say we can push the higher figures out. Just bit funny.about such high kw which is almost as high as a stx550

Rusty

Yeah you raise a good point mate, and definitely do post up that company if you find them that do factory tuning, that would be great! :)

Rusty

Rusty we are reflashing. It was under another name but we have rolled it all into one. Chip Tuning where we do piggy back performance modules (Chips) and reflashes. With the D22 and D40 we need to remove the factory ECU and reflash on the bench. That's the delay. Usually we can reflash via the OBD2 Port, but not yet with the Nissan ECU. We may crack it so that programming via the ODB2 port can be done but its not done yet.

Re: engine reliability. The engines can handle the extra power. The issue with engines is not the extra power. Always with engines and gearboxes etc we need to be careful about the heat and revs. We don't touch the revs as the factory limits are left alone. The heat is managed by the EGT Controller so that's fine as well.

I believe if Chips caused engine failures you would hear about it on every forum and mag.

Of course this has to do with the fact that most owners of 4WD etc are not revving the crap out of the engine and dropping the clutch, doing burn outs up the street. If they were you would hear of many diffs and gearboxes packing it in.

Mechanical sympathy including regular service does play its part

Back