Ceramic Beads Balance Weights.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If its that good we would all be using them and the tyre place would be floggin them and
If we were all that worried bout our tyres we would fit moisture traps in our compressors
Or carry round a bottle of nitrogen
The amount of moisture we pump in everytime we air up does do damage also

You can be the crash test dummy steve

Hahaha ok maybe if they are good we can do a group buy!!!! HAHAHAHA get an extra 6 ceramic balls each or something. Or some bigger ones for the misses.....es car.

Yeah ill test the ceramic beads for my wheels out. I think they will be fine other then at tyre change time. I rekon the wheel places don't like them as there Is more money to be made in balancing and having them in sucks when it's time to change.

Last edited:
Best demo of how they work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq263AYgyYg

I have had them in the tyres of my old patrol for 89000kms.
They work well, they don't wreck your tyres as they only roll around until you get to about 30km/h BUT tyre places won't transfer them to the new tyre as it takes ages to retrieve and funnel back through the valve stem.
Its easy and quick to throw a new bag in.

They work real well for aggressive tyres as you rip knobs off they dynamically rebalance - the downside is if you roll a tyre off the rim and let the beads out or water in, you need to replace them.

Best demo of how they work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq263AYgyYg

I have had them in the tyres of my old patrol for 89000kms.
They work well, they don't wreck your tyres as they only roll around until you get to about 30km/h BUT tyre places won't transfer them to the new tyre as it takes ages to retrieve and funnel back through the valve stem.
Its easy and quick to throw a new bag in.

They work real well for aggressive tyres as you rip knobs off they dynamically rebalance - the downside is if you roll a tyre off the rim and let the beads out or water in, you need to replace them.

Well **** me they really work! Its kinda counter intuitive though - i would have thought the beads would all rush to where the bottle was weighted where its spinning on a bigger radius and make things worse, but there you go,,

Blown tyres are normally for a few reasons.
Retreads
Right arses not replacing when they are down to wire
Steering wheel attendants not checking tyres -they go under pressure and the heat up and BANG!!
Rubbish on the road that punctures the tyre get flat then as above heats up and BANG!!

I use to have super singles on the steer 395 width and use to get good mileage out of them after swapping them around side to side and flipping them on the rim using these beads, never really noticed much rubber come out from inside the rim and they never scolloped.

Yep I was a hands on operator when I was on the highway. Now out at the mines doing haulage it's a different story.

Correct, steel to rubber coefficient of friction is way higher than the ceramic on rubber

Yeah ceramic ball bearings are the best bearings you can get, but the bigger steel BBs kinda make sense to me in big 4x4 tyres, less chance of getting them caught between the bead and the rim, plus the bigger, heavier balls should see a fair bit less rolling resistance.
Of course, im no expert because five minutes ago i couldnt even believe this bead balance guff could even work!

Last edited:
I put some of this in my bike:
http://www.ride-on.com/
They make many different types, tho im not sure how they differ, works a treat for balancing the wheels to perfection, still yet to test the puncture part, but being a motorcycle tire, it would only really cover a small area. Have thought about it for my ute, but have not bothered yet.
Bit more expensive, but for a tire balancer and puncture sealer in 1, id suggest they are worth it.

Hahaha ok maybe if they are good we can do a group buy!!!! HAHAHAHA get an extra 6 ceramic balls each or something. Or some bigger ones for the misses.....es car.

Yeah ill test the ceramic beads for my wheels out. I think they will be fine other then at tyre change time. I rekon the wheel places don't like them as there Is more money to be made in balancing and having them in sucks when it's time to change.
Just looked at the instructions, the say remove the wheel weights....

Are you thinking of doing this?

My thoughts are the balls will work with the weights in unison.... And you'll never be able to get them balanced again!!

Just looked at the instructions, the say remove the wheel weights....

Are you thinking of doing this?

My thoughts are the balls will work with the weights in unison.... And you'll never be able to get them balanced again!!

I'll try with the weighs and see and then if it's still not balanced I'll take them off.

I'll try with the weighs and see and then if it's still not balanced I'll take them off.
Just threw mine in! Ready for a rub at the muster ( I run two sets of tyres)
I forgot how easy thing are with a bead breaker!!!!

Last edited:
Yeah did mine today, just used a Hight lift on the bullbat to break the bead. Seems to do ok actually. I hit 90 on the M4 and all good. Will wait and se at 110

How is everyone going with these? I wouldnt mind getting some when I get some new wheels so I dont get my new wheels ruined when the tyre fitter guys bash wheel weights onto the rim for balancing.

My question is, I assume everyone here got these off ebay? It is way more expensive to buy 4 bags of 4oz, when I could buy one 12oz bag and a 4oz bag or just buy two 8oz bags and split them up into 4oz groups.

My only gripe is, in the picture the 4oz bags look like they have much smaller beads http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ABC-Whee...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item25919c24af

Where as the 8 and 12oz bags seem to have much larger beads http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ABC-Whee...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item233cf138bd
and
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ABC-Whee...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item233cf14974

Is this correct? Do the bigger oz bags actually have larger beads? And hence it would be advisable to buy the 4 individual 4oz bags?

I ran Dyna Beads in a Motorbike for years & found them to be great

they get inserted through the valve stem & into the tyre

regards
Rod

So who is running these with steelies on their 22? How have they worked out for you?

I spent a lot of time trying to smooth out my shakey steelies/tyres. It is alright now, but would still consider using these if they work better than weights.

Anyone done it on steelers? Keen to hear if it's worked. The steel rims Never balance well!!

Back