Ceramic Beads Balance Weights.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hahaha will put it back to balance. ;) is your head out if balance Sparra? Don't forget Iv read some of the things you got up to as a kid.

We use to use them in the steer tyres on the trucks. Work like a charm. You get them in little bags about 100 to 200g. Put the tyre on the rim then chuck the beads bag and all inside, inflate and put it on the truck and send it!

You can also get balancing discs which go between the brake drum and the rim(heaps of trucks still have drum brakes all round). Inside these discs are little ball bearing sort of things and they work on the same principle.

So yeah ill second that these beads work well.

I remember having these put in the steer tyres of the old acco at work, that was in the late 90,s. Not sure on the outcome as the truck was scrapped due to rust a year or two later

It allows truck companies to fit tyre to their rims at their depots with out the need of exspenive equipment. A couple of tyre leavers and they can fit tyres.

With trucking you need to save a dollar where you can because the rates are that screwed!

Hope not, I assume it's retreads that do that.
Besides they keep you awake so you have something to dodge instead of boring kangaroos.

from reading up on this, on the motorbike forum in the states.
a lady put these in her vesper and rode from east to west.
when she stopped the tyres were buggered.
AND inside! the ceramic beads had worn out the inside of the tyre and covered them in rubber bits. WHILE it was noted they had worn out the inside, the outside had done A WHOLELOTTA KM's more then without them in there... and suffered far more stress from being used then having the balls inside

from reading up on this, on the motorbike forum in the states.
a lady put these in her vesper and rode from east to west.
when she stopped the tyres were buggered.
AND inside! the ceramic beads had worn out the inside of the tyre and covered them in rubber bits. WHILE it was noted they had worn out the inside, the outside had done A WHOLELOTTA KM's more then without them in there... and suffered far more stress from being used then having the balls inside

Little confused, So your saying they are ok to use but there will be some wear inside the rubber??

Last edited:
Too much wear and she may get preggers!!!

Back on topic agreed but ill let you know as if there is wear I'm sure it's minimal.

Little confused, So your saying they are ok to use but there will be some wear inside the rubber??
Not saying anything :)
I'm as curious as everyone else here have a read uploadfromtaptalk1411369730021.jpg

Not saying anything :)
I'm as curious as everyone else here have a read View attachment 16999

Aaahhhh I see sorry mate was just how it was worded all good now. I see what your saying. Basically there is minimal damage, the damage that is done does is minuscule and will not effect performance. That's a lot of K's east to west and back, she would have had a sore ass.
Plus Vespa rubber is quite narrow so I'm guessing that they would wear inside more being trapped on the same spar for so long, 4x4 Tyres are wide and would generally spread the wear around a fair bit. Especially as the balance changes after each off road trip.

i still cant get my head around how they work, i mean, wont they just gravitate to high spots in the tyre? Clearly im missing something.

Aaahhhh I see sorry mate was just how it was worded all good now. I see what your saying. Basically there is minimal damage, the damage that is done does is minuscule and will not effect performance. Plus Vespa rubber is quite narrow so I'm guessing that they would wear inside more being trapped on the same spar for so long, 4x4 Tyres are wide and would generally spread the wear around a fair bit. Especially as the balance changes after each off road trip.
Figured a snapshot would explain it better!
Looking on the website for the Ozzie component they recommend 4oz (113g) for a 265 75 r16

With allot more beads in there I can't see them wearing all that much.....

Essentially yes, a thin layers would create an imbalance so your basically filling the thin layers or gaps with the beads creating a false thickness to even it out. If that makes sense. Well that's what my head says.

Figured a snapshot would explain it better!
Looking on the website for the Ozzie component they recommend 4oz (113g) for a 265 75 r16

With allot more beads in there I can't see them wearing all that much.....

Yeah the poms say 60z but I think 4oz would be enough to start with. I'll go up if I need to

It's one of those things that looks the goods on paper but wish someone knew for sure before I jump in.

Like the hyclone things on tv , in theory yes awesome. But complete junk depending who you talk to

Just like if I get those sit-up machine I'll look like that dude with the 10 pack and huge pecs and date hot chick next to him, not sure how an ab machine does that but hey it must be true, TV never lies.

Haha ill jump in, mine tyers are half warm anyways I should get another 10-15k out of them so that should be enough to tell.

Back