Alloy rim recall - anyone heard anything?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Recall bonnet latch..

Mine gets the Bonnet latch and Heavy Duty front springs done tomorrow and when i asked about the wheels they new nothing about it??

Using the Ipswich stealer as well..

Rang Customer service 1800 035035 today. They said, if your vehicle has the recall book it in, in advance and the dealer can order the correct wheels for you. Stocks of wheels are now in the country.

I went in and seen nissan today and i have the batch numbers... They gave me 2 sets of numbers..
40300EB41A Wheels are OK
40300EB410 Wheels will be replaced
I had a look at mine and inside the back of one of the spokes is NISSAN EB410
They told me to check myself and ring them back with the verdict.. Wheels will be replaced within 3 weeks..

Hi guys,Got my recall letter last friday,checked in for inspection yesterday,rims will be here next monday.quite surprised at how fastthe dealer reacted.

Just booked mine in, 4 weeks away and they reckon they need the car for most of the day.....

its pretty normal for needing the whole day...

as they gotta take wheels off, (put truck up on blocks)
send out both sets of rims (old and new) to have the tyres swapped

for me this Should take only a couple hours because the dealership has a tyre and performance workshop about 50m away across the road

interesting, the service manager never mentioned anything to do with batch numbers, just said i was getting new ones. but he did ask whether i had 16"or 17"s? could they have recorded the batch numbers when they did the dye test

nissan rang me yesterday to confirm my booking for the rim replacement next week. they confirmed that the batch/serial numbers were recorded at the first (dye)inspection, and only the cars to fall within these numbers get the second recall for the new rims

I went in and seen nissan today and i have the batch numbers... They gave me 2 sets of numbers..
40300EB41A Wheels are OK
40300EB410 Wheels will be replaced
Woohoo new wheels for me lol
Now if the dealers will let me drop the wheels off one day and pick them up when finished Ill be even happier .Can drop them off on the way home 1 day and then pick them up on the way home when done. suits me poifectly

Not going to even attempt the bonnet latch recall.

woohoo a flexible dealer....

Mine goes in next Tuesday (car and all)

From what my the tyre shop tells me, I have 2 replaceable wheels and 2 OK ones...

the way that the lady at Nissan spoke when I booked it in though was as if they are all being replaced.

Aussie Frontier said:
Booked the truck in well the wheels anyway. The dealership is happy to let me drop off just the wheels and then pick them up later

Good stuff mate. Finally they budged

Dealership was surprised when I told them the Batch numbers lol
I said you guys should get on the forums , you will get your info quicker lol

Aint that the truth....

Dealers (and Manufaturers) have alot to gain from forums like these, generally as a group they find the best information.

Some dealers to embrace the 'community' my brother sells cars and spends alot of time on the appropriate forums.. does him well!

Well finally i got to actually talk to someone who had some sense. Dont get me wrong this dealership is usually pretty good. But when they are flat strap they tent to rely on standard replies so they dont gotta think. Totally understand
Thought he was taking the piss actually till I had a second look. Its booked in on the 29th of Feb

They are all tossers anyways. Why would you even give them the time of day..
They never even want to help.
It's there fault everyone has such troubles withtheir cars...

Latest posts

Back