Alloy rim recall - anyone heard anything?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats the same one I received..

I actually have my car in for a wheel alignment and rotate today, so I have asked the tyre place to write down the batch numbers for me.. then I am hoping I can talk to Nissan and avoid leaving the car with them if the wheels are ok..

Got 1 to ,rang customer service and they gave me the part number as stock is now in supply.
Part number is 40300EB410 for 16in rims

I rang the dealers yesterday and explained I start work at 7 a fair distance from the dealership so leaving the car with them for the day isnt an option. I asked what is needed for the bonnet recall and the wheels. They wouldnt tell me anything other than they needed the truck for the day. I even explained I have the wheels not fitted and already cleaned and ready for inspection and that my truck has an alloy front bar and aftermarket suspension etc. Again they wouldnt tell me what exactly was needed to be inspected or why it would take a full day.
I can get them the truck for maybe 3 hours but they wont tell me anything other than needed for a full day.
Is it still the case that cracked wheels get replaced straight up and all others replaced when stock arrives?
Fatboy your obviously in the know here ,,, can you help out with information?
I can understand the dealership is busy but they have no loaner vehicles and if I go with their courtesy bus I will loose maybe 3 hours pay .As a single father that aint a goer and I start well before anyone else so getting a lift doesnt work either .

OK.. yet another twist...

I got my car back from the tyre place, who kindly noted down the batch numbers on the wheels for me when they rotated them.

Then I rang the dealer, hoping to be able to give them a batch number and have them check it rather than leaving the car with them.

They then told me that they are replacing wheels REGARDLESS so I had to book it in. The next available date for a wheel replacement? 21/2/12 (2 and a bit weeks)

Now I am not really bothered about getting new wheels (I scratch them up in the bush anyways) but I do care about my family's safety so I will get them replaced, however I will not be surprised if I pick my car up from the dealer on the afternoon of the 21st and get told "nah we checked the batch numbers and yours do not need replacing"

Will be interested to hear of anyone else's experience.

BTW... can anyone give me a lift from Wangara to Leederville on the 21st? :)

Got my letter aswell today. and like i thought they were waiting to see how many cracked... Now i have this OLD song in my head... SOME WHEELS WILL, OWWW OWWW OWWW, SOME WHEELS WONT, SOME WHEELS NEED REPLACI'N AND A, SOME WHEELS DON'T.... I KNOW I GOT THE FEELING AND I DONT KNOW WHY.... SOME SAY THEY WILL AND SOME NISSAN DEALERS LIE....

Got my letter aswell today. and like i thought they were waiting to see how many cracked... Now i have this OLD song in my head... SOME WHEELS WILL, OWWW OWWW OWWW, SOME WHEELS WONT, SOME WHEELS NEED REPLACI'N AND A, SOME WHEELS DON'T.... I KNOW I GOT THE FEELING AND I DONT KNOW WHY.... SOME SAY THEY WILL AND SOME NISSAN DEALERS LIE....

Thats a cracker!! :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

My understanding from the first recall was that they would check the rims, and replace those found with cracks immediately. All others will be replaced eventually. That is my recollection. So when I got the notice today I thought it was a notification to say the rims were in stock and to book the car in. I called the local dealer and he wasn't much help at all -
"you need to bring the car in to see if the wheels are cracked."
"I've done that, and was told the wheels will be replaced when available"
"We need to check the serial number on the wheels"
"Didn't you do that when you looked for the cracks last time?. So if I have a certain batch number the wheels will be replaced?"
"Depends if there are cracks in them"
"So how often do I need to take the car back to see if there are cracks in the wheels?"
" Sorry, I can't answer that"

Not happy Jan...

got my recall letter yesterday, and reading it, it sounded exactly like the last one, problems with cracking, so need to check. rang nissan, they have the wheels and it's booked in tuesday week for rim replacement. wasn't expecting it this soon, shame, as i only have about 5k left on the tyres and can't afford new ones just yet

Last edited:
Guys if you read back to my post you'll understand. The first time us dealers got recall notices
We were to check for cracks. Now we hae batch numbers. If you fall in that batch cracks or not they get replaced. Easy as.

interesting, the service manager never mentioned anything to do with batch numbers, just said i was getting new ones. but he did ask whether i had 16"or 17"s? could they have recorded the batch numbers when they did the dye test

Took mine in for the 2nd check today - and yes, mine are from the affected batch and will eventually be replaced. The Nissan dealer couldn't tell me when that is likely to be. 1 month? 6 months? couldn't say. I can't help but think that I've taken the car in at least once more than I needed to. Surely at the first check they would have recorded the numbers to pin down the batch? I'm glad Nissan are coming to the party with it, but I'm also glad I'm not a tradie that needs the car to earn a quid.

I can't release those numbers unfortunately. Nissan didn't Notify any of the dealers that the wheels fell
Into batch numbers in the first recall. As try just wanted to sort out the safety issues first.
Wheels are Melbourne/Sydney stock now. Unless they've run out in 6 days. So you shouldn't have to wait more than 5-10 working days after processing and delivery.

I have received a letter to call my dealership for a new set of rims after my inspection last week. Just waiting now on a call to say they are in for fitting.

I have the problem of finding a new dealer as the old one Springwood nissan got the boot by nissan for to many complaints... and is no longer a dealer.. they checked my rims and knew as mutch as me... nothing.....

In ipswich ive heard nothing from the local dealer, ive also called one in brisbane hoping to get a reply...

but as usual, havent heard anything yet

Back