After market GPS head units for STX 550

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

codroft

Reaction score
Hi Guys, there has been a few threads on this but have yet found anywhere where people have a preferred head unit that works, and functions to what they say they do and fit the plugs in the back?

cheers

Rod

The GPS was one of the big let downs with the STX 550 for me. I comes down to two things, updates and no map over speed alarm.
Before I purchased the vehicle I was told by Nissan Sales that the GPS updates itself automatically. At first service I found out the truth about the update cost when I asked for a GPS update quote ($600). I asked Nissan to justify this cost when compared to others like Tom Tom with lifelong updates - no response.
Overall the GPS navigator is good but:
1/ only if regular updates are applied (2 years apart & $600.00)
2/ It gets confused where there are many streets and turns in a tight area.
3/ No map over-speed alerts.
People ask why I use a Tom Tom stuck on the windscreen of a $60,000 vehicle that has an integrated GPS.

If there was a plugin module that would fix this issue I would support it too.

hey mate
Im using a clarion VX603au headunit and it is awesome alerts for all speed cameras school zones etc cost me around 1100 installed

Thanks for the reply, sounds interesting. How successful is it in terms of steering wheel controls still working etc.
Does it give you map overspeed? So as the speed limit changes the speed warning speed changes automatically?
Any other issues?

Back