4wd Systems Front Diff Lock Install D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nav-pilot

Reaction score
Thought some of you might be interested in the procedure for the 4wd Systems front diff lock install from start to finish.

First off the front crossember. Undo the 4 bolts with the yellow marks on them, leave 2 bolts in for now.

frontcrossmemember.jpg

Undo the tailshaft to the front diff, 4 bolts.

tailshafrundone.jpg

Undo the cvs from the diff. I found if you turn your cv shafts to a position that you can get to the bolts and then lock your hubs in.
Undo 2 on the left and then 2 on the right cvs.
Repeat this until all bolts are undone, 12 in total.
Then tie up with some strings so they are out the road when removing the diff.

Passenger cd cv undone.
passengersidecvundone.jpg

Drivers side cv undone
driverssidecvundone.jpg

Take the diff breather hose of the diff tube.
Sorry forgot to take a pic of this. (im sure you will work it out)

Then undo the rear cross member bolts. Mine were as tight as hell to undo. You will need a bar on your socket.
Sorry forgot to take a pic of this as well.

You should all be ready to drop the diff now.
I put a trolley jack under the diff with a piece of board on top.
Took out all the remaining bolts but left one of the lower front crossmember bolts in.
Lower the trolley jack slowly, and with the remaining bolt left in it simply pivoted down on this bolt to the ground.
Reposition the trolley jack when the diff is down under the side still connected by the bolt.
Take the bolt out and then lower this side down. (worked a treat doing it by myself).
Diff should be on the ground with no damage to it.

To be continued

Diff on the bench with the cross members still on.

diffonbench2.jpg

I was going to put the locker in myself but i rang 4wd Systems and they said if i drop the diff of to them they would install for $80 - $100 dollars.
Im working out that way this week so i will drop it in when i go past tommorrow.

I think for that sort of money at least I dont have to worry if I have done it correctly.

Now i just have to work out my diff drop bushes i bought

Should be able to reinstall the diff next weekend. I will keep you posted.

Picked the diff up from 4wd systems friday, $105 to install the locker, not to bad i thought.

Had a go at doing the diff drop bushes today but i havent got the right tools to do them, I will put them in at a latter stage.

Installed the diff, reversal of taking it out, very easy to do.

Just have to get some oil and i can try it out.

Cheers

I've got one on order and should have it soon. Can't wait to see the difference out on the tracks

Hi there all,
( To 180%JOE )................you will find that the Lokka totally transforms your Nav. Just remember.....it is a traction aid to enable you to drive where you (mainly) drove before.....except alot easier on the vehicle / track. It wont make your vehicle into a mountain goat.........in other words ...dont bite off more than......................Good luck.

Picked the diff up from 4wd systems friday, $105 to install the locker, not to bad i thought.

Had a go at doing the diff drop bushes today but i havent got the right tools to do them, I will put them in at a latter stage.

Installed the diff, reversal of taking it out, very easy to do.

Just have to get some oil and i can try it out.

Cheers

Any reports on the lokka now its all installed? They sound pretty good for the $$$.

My lokka has turned up today! Have to install it before next Friday so I can test it out when I go to LCMP.

Hi there all,
( To 180%JOE )................you will find that the Lokka totally transforms your Nav. Just remember.....it is a traction aid to enable you to drive where you (mainly) drove before.....except alot easier on the vehicle / track. It wont make your vehicle into a mountain goat.........in other words ...dont bite off more than......................Good luck.

By my observations, a mountain goat is a fairly close description to what it will do for your Nav. I watched 180%Joe climb up a heavily rutted hill at Scenic Rim last week which beat a few 6" lifted patrol utes with 35" tyres. And he did it with ease. My minds made up- I'll be getting one later in the year.

Obviously you'd don't drive on the blacktop in 4wd, but with the hubs locked and in 2wd, I didn't notice it at all. A very slight ticking noise, but nothing you'd notice if you weren't looking for it.

Josh
How hard was this to install yourself?
And are you going to do a writeup like your brake pad one? (did mine a week b4 that but was still a good write up)
I was reading another one on here and there was talk of feeler gauges and setting backlash . . . this sounds complicated but is it necessary?
Im keen to be locked front and back but dont want to take it to anyone if i dont have to.
Love to here your comments.

Yeah i had a read through it but it doesnt make me feel too confident in doing it myself, but i think i have the skills but ive never played with a diff b4

Latest posts

Back