xforce 3" exhaust

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the info guys I had a look at the best mufflers link and there xforce system is advertised with a cat. Has anyone else fitted the system with a cat? I was under the impression that they didn't come with one?

Most diesel cars have to have a cat in them, from around 1999 or something, depends on the model / regulations / blah.

but as a rule, if your car has a cat now, its a legal requirement for you to fit a replacement exhaust that has one.

The cat works in a way to trap the bad exhausts gasses from being expelled into the environment, keeping all the tree's happy and what not. The cat itself is an active exhaust restriction, so it will potentially cause problems if your aiming for the highest HP possible...

usually when you get a high-flow system the come with a high-flow cat that will not impede the flow, to much.

Yeah I know all about the cat rules still undecided whether to go with a xforce or similar or just buy a dump pipe and make up my own system hmmmmm decisions decisions.

i actually sent the guy from 'best mufflers' a message regarding getting just the Xforce dump pipe........he said he will get back to me, but has no stock or prices atm

his was the only store i found that had the PN listed seperatly, most just had the full kit.

as im turboing a non turbo motor, im unsure if the full system will line up, so im happy to make one, but id rather buy a dump pipe and make the rest.

Ive ended up buying the whole xforce 3inch system with a cat hopefully il have it this weekend and I can fit it up :)

I'm running the same system on my 06 3.0l d22 I find it was a great mod i just bought a flexi jointand welded it in when i fitted the exhaust I also put egr block off plate and running a power chip from chip it it goes unreal compared to when it was stock another good mod is if you have a snorkel take out the pre air filter canister in front of the air box and they sell a adapter tube on eBay for $70 believe it or not this made a huge difference to

Ok im still running the pre filter so will look into that. Where did you put the flexi joint straight after the dump pipe or further down?

Ive had my xforce exhaust on for a couple of weeks now power and economy are better but thinking the nav needs a bit more of a note. Has anyone removed there hot dog or rear muffler? don't want it to be obnoxiously loud just a bit more of a note would be nice.

if thats what you want id suggest replacing the rear muffler with a straight thru piece of pipe should be pretty easy if u have a mig welder.

Yeah ive got a mig and some spare 3 inch exhaust pipe so might buy a couple of 2 bolt flanges and make up a pipe to see how it sounds.

Trb012 how many more km to a tank since the exhaust I'm suprised it has improved fuel economy

Yeah ive got a mig and some spare 3 inch exhaust pipe so might buy a couple of 2 bolt flanges and make up a pipe to see how it sounds.

let us know the results maybe post up a video if u can.

Yeah will do probably wont be for a couple of weeks but need to find some spare time to get it done. Economy isn't heaps better but ive got the 30km extra back out of a tank that I lost buy putting the 32;s on.

I bought a 3" xforce for my d22 also, definitely looking at replacing the rear muffler with a straight thru pipe. Trb012, love to see some photos of yours if you get it done mate.

Just bought myself an xforce 3" today got it for a seal $600 flat :)
Cant wait to fit it up tomorrow!!

Can't wait to hook in tomorrow after work!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1378385154904.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378385154904.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 161
  • uploadfromtaptalk1378385163478.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1378385163478.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 133

Latest posts

Back