Worn ball joints under warranty

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skipjack

Reaction score
Hi all just had my 2012 d40 in for its 40,000 service "ouch".
However when I go to pick it up they said there was excessive movement in the lower control arm ball joints so they replaced them under warranty. All good but my question is it appears that they replaced the whole lower arm and ball joint! Is this right? Can't you just replace the ball joint itself?

You can get aftermarket ball joints.
But Nissan only sell the hole lower arm. Probably because the arm deflects so much when they are pressed out and could bend/weaken.
And its a lot easier and probably more cost effective for an apprentice to pop a new arm in.

Mine too. 30k service. Also mentioned Tyres are de laminating .. Off to claim under warranty. (original Tyres 255/65/R17 Wranglers).

Yep. Not related though.. Goodyear confirmed bad batch and will replace on ProRata system . So 2 x Front tires at $82.50 each.. Bargin.. Shame I couldn't swing for larger rubber at same price.. LCA to be replaced under warranty..

Hi all just had my 2012 d40 in for its 40,000 service "ouch".
However when I go to pick it up they said there was excessive movement in the lower control arm ball joints so they replaced them under warranty. All good but my question is it appears that they replaced the whole lower arm and ball joint! Is this right? Can't you just replace the ball joint itself?

They replaced my both of my LCA's under warranty when my lower ball joints had excessive movement as well. I have a 2 inch lift and before I could get my wheel alignment just into spec. But now its out I have positive camber and therefore chewing the outside of the tyres. The Nissan dealer saw this and wanted to put in offset LCA bushes for about $400. The arms were already out of the vehicle. The price was excessive. I thought offset UCA bushes helped camber not LCA bushes. Adjustable UCA's for me. Get the job done right the first time.

Lower bushes are better than uca as it help without bringing the top arm closer to the bucket.
Adjustable are best just don't forget the legalities in your state. Best to be legal.

Latest posts

Back