Who wants to make some extra cash???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UP N OVA

Reaction score
If any auto sparkys in W.A would like to wire up some spotties, UHF and and run a hot wire down to the tub on my nav let me know as i do not want to pay a small fortune for a shop to do it.

Cheers

I'm not in WA, so I can't take the job, but I can make one recommendation about that wiring to the tub.

Use 60A cabling, send both positive and negative down together, and the best way is to use double-insulated stuff, because of the extra cable protection and ease of installation.

Don't rely on the chassis earth. Connect both wires directly to the battery, install a 30A thermal-reset breaker as close to the battery as you can manage and if you're passing through any metal walls, use grommets to protect from chafing, because over time, the cable WILL move and it WILL wear through the insulators causing a failure, and it will probably happen right when you need it most.

Any good electrician will probably tell you the same - but just in case, you now know what to insist on.

I'm not in WA, so I can't take the job, but I can make one recommendation about that wiring to the tub.

Use 60A cabling, send both positive and negative down together, and the best way is to use double-insulated stuff, because of the extra cable protection and ease of installation.

Don't rely on the chassis earth. Connect both wires directly to the battery, install a 30A thermal-reset breaker as close to the battery as you can manage and if you're passing through any metal walls, use grommets to protect from chafing, because over time, the cable WILL move and it WILL wear through the insulators causing a failure, and it will probably happen right when you need it most.

Any good electrician will probably tell you the same - but just in case, you now know what to insist on.

As a good (well I think so) electrician I was just making Tony's last line stand true but I was too lazy to type it all again

Latest posts

Back