What roof cage we got?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NAV2795

Reaction score
hi boys,
After a roof cage in the near future just wondering what ones yous have! Saw one on ebay a while ago that looked great but cant remember the brand or anything! Be appreciated if you could post pics! :beer:

yeh they dont look bad, dont mind them actually. just cant wait to tie my spare down on there with the jack and shovel!! :p

its a pain in the ass trying to get a good one for a d22 longtub
ntin fkin fits cause the arb bars on canopy are 1200 apart
sry for the hijack
end rant
good luck

The Vortex trays come in all different sizes from 1.5, 1.8 to 2mtr long. Think that was the sizes with out double checking

I've a Tracklander on my cab and overall I'm pretty pleased with it. Quick breakdown:

Pro's:

- Light: Easily handled by one person (though putting on the roof is a lot easier with two)
- Strong: Rated to 200Kg (not that I'd want 200Kg on my roof)
- Trackmount: For me a pro. I like the ability to pull the basket, leaving just the tracks (unlike the ARB one for example). I also like the ability to move it back and forth to suit the load and other things I'm carrying.
- Some handy accessories available for them (awning mounts, high-lift jack mounts, spot mounts, shovel holders, etc)

Con's:

- New they're pricey....I think $800 plus freight and any accessories.
- Being a trackmount, the roof needs drilling. I was really against this, but couldn't find anything else with the load rating at the time to suit my purpose.
- Like the majority of track mounts, they use rivets. I hate rivets....and will eventually replace them with button head cap screws. This is probably the one area the ARB cage is better.
- Some of the welds on mine are a bit like bird poo. They are, however in non-structural places.

Would I recommend one? Yes; if you can afford it and deal with a track mount.

Thanks for all that boys, i'll definetly look into all of them, the tracklander sounds interesting, got some investigating to do!

Just remember the fine print of the Rola warranty, off road use voids the warranty and that's when their stuff breaks....

taught me something, i'll keep it in mind! cheers rescue. Looks like the cage might need to wait at the moment -.-

Latest posts

Back