What did you do to your navara today?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cleaned the air flow sensor
The air filter
The water and crud from my water watch
Pulled the back seats out and started the back seat built !

Replaced the park/indicator lights on the factory bull bar with LED ones that hopefully wont fill up with water.

this is how my yesterday went
fitted new tacho to skyline
test drove skyline, just to be sure

then it was the navs turn

1, changed drivebelts, checked all fluids
2, fitted baffle to catchcan,need to install on car
3, changed air filter
4, dropped bottom air filter box clip now somewhere on top of bashplates I think
5, off to supercheap and purchase new garage creeper so I can remove plates,
6, remove bash plates to try and find clip, removed 160kg of Lithgow mud, no clip
7, F^^%$#N clip, where is it, its not funny jan
8, drink beer and try again tomorrow(today)

Last edited:
Cleaned my K & N air filter, reset the fuel pump , rotated the tires and took the Nav for a wash.

How much did that cost. Its my next job

Mate they were not cheap but cheaper than Nissan @ $ 95
They are 2/3 Amber and 1/3 park . I recon they look better than before

Attachments

• IMAG0398.jpg
    IMAG0398.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 70
Well not today but last break i got some new shoes for everyday driving, set of 245/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler AT Adventures. So much more comfortable to drive with compared to my 265/75/16 MTs! The stopping distance and wet weather handling is what i'm most impressed with! plus the speedo is now dead on with my gps. They come with a 85,000kms warranty as well, as long as i take it back to them from a wheel alignment every 10,000kms, already did that any way!

Also gave the starter motor a birthday, gave it a good bath in degreaser, lectra-clean and contact cleaner. Baked it in the oven and then soldered on new brushes. Gave the commutator a good wet and dry sand and put the whole lot back together. Starts the ute like i've never experienced before!

Well not today but last break i got some new shoes for everyday driving, set of 245/75/16 Goodyear Wrangler AT Adventures. So much more comfortable to drive with compared to my 265/75/16 MTs! The stopping distance and wet weather handling is what i'm most impressed with! plus the speedo is now dead on with my gps. They come with a 85,000kms warranty as well, as long as i take it back to them from a wheel alignment every 10,000kms, already did that any way!

Also gave the starter motor a birthday, gave it a good bath in degreaser, lectra-clean and contact cleaner. Baked it in the oven and then soldered on new brushes. Gave the commutator a good wet and dry sand and put the whole lot back together. Starts the ute like i've never experienced before!

Haven't heard of anyone servicing a starter motor, how bout a write up for us?

Haven't heard of anyone servicing a starter motor, how bout a write up for us?

Yeah probably because its easier to buy a new one. My Vs stato when a 8 months back got stuck open so at the mechanics instead if charging me for a new one they just pulled the whole thing apart lubed it up and put it back together. Been great never had a problem with it

this is how my yesterday went
fitted new tacho to skyline
test drove skyline, just to be sure

then it was the navs turn

1, changed drivebelts, checked all fluids
2, fitted baffle to catchcan,need to install on car
3, changed air filter
4, dropped bottom air filter box clip now somewhere on top of bashplates I think
5, off to supercheap and purchase new garage creeper so I can remove plates,
6, remove bash plates to try and find clip, removed 160kg of Lithgow mud, no clip
7, F^^%$#N clip, where is it, its not funny jan
8, drink beer and try again tomorrow(today)

I dont the same at some point to my air box, wonder where i can get a new one?? nothing worse then dropping a bolt or nut or clip down the engine bay to never be seen again.

Yeah probably because its easier to buy a new one. My Vs stato when a 8 months back got stuck open so at the mechanics instead if charging me for a new one they just pulled the whole thing apart lubed it up and put it back together. Been great never had a problem with it

Cheapest ebay one i could find was $300 for a china one and a Hitachi one was like $800! To overhaul it, it cost me like $40 for 2 bearings and 4 brushes plus a couple of hours of my time!

well worth it i reckon!

Cheapest ebay one i could find was $300 for a china one and a Hitachi one was like $800! To overhaul it, it cost me like $40 for 2 bearings and 4 brushes plus a couple of hours of my time!

well worth it i reckon!

Yeah Fully agree, still easier to buy a new one. But done right the recon one is just as good as a new. Mine was just scrubed cleaned and relubed 8month on still works like new.

removed radiator cleaned it out due to overheating from to much mud and ordered the new k&n apollo filter housing unit as i dont have an airbox any more, new snorkel next week yay

Latest posts

Back