What did you do to your navara today?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been completing some work in the tub of my D22 STR. I have added a set of drawers made out of ply. They sit inside the two wheel arches. I have covered them with carpet and added aluminium angle to the corners for extra protection. Two 45kg, 700mm ball bearing runners were used to support each drawer and they are secured with recessed t-handle locks.

I have also added two boxes (approx 560mm long x 320mm high x 240mm deep) that sit in front of wheel arches and finish tight behind where the light assembly is fitted.

Into one box I have added a 9ltr ait tank and 150l/min, 150psi compressor. I have also added a pressure gauge, pressure switch, nitto coupler, pressure relief valve and purge outlet. Power is provided to the compressor via 6BS cable and this is routed through a relay activated from a switch inside the cabin.

The other box is being used to set up an auxilliary battery, dc to dc charger, switch panel, 12v cig socket, usb charging port and a number of anderson plug connectors. I will be using a 100 amp deep cycle battery to start with, but hope to upgrade that to a 130 amp AGM in the near future. The DC to DC charger is a Ctek D250S Dual and is connected to one of the front batteries with 6BS Cable. I haven't finished wiring up the anderson plugs as yet, just waiting for some more cable, bus bars and circuit breakers. I will post up some pics once finished.

Wired in trailer harness. Mounted tray lights, picked up a car trailer waked a stato on the back brought it home went back for a 2nd. Temporarily wired a one of the tray lights to a spare battery for a work light. Holly sh!t a work light it ant.

Finished installing 5" Calmini kit

cant wait to see your beast in action mate
if its anywhere near as good as your last d40 it should be unstoppable with the v6 power and 5 inches of lift
yes
ime a bit jealous
all that comfort and power

Here's first photo's, will update my build thread soon.

picture.php

Got to take THE TRUCK for a 80min drive actualy got to drive at 100kph I think it loved it, the drove the wife to work went for another 20min drive go up to 80kph this time will wash it tomorrow

Done my first service on the D22 since I bought it, made a bit of a mess changing that oil filter :(

I curse a little under my breath every time I change that filter!

The best I can do is empty the sump first, then unscrew it really fast and have a plastic bag right next to it so as soon as it comes off. its in the bag

my 2c

Zd filters are a pain. Regular do my brothers zd patrol and the way i do it is back the filter housing off until you hear/feel the oil leaving it as it drains back into the sump via a small hole under the filter housing thread on the engine and then drop the oil from the sump. Leave the housing on until the oil is completely drained out of the sump then take oil filter housing off. Should be empty or close to it. Very little mess for me.

As for me i will be having my ARE upgraded intercooler made ans installed today. Hoping for some lower egts and small gains in power. Then a test at double island over the weekend will see how cool it keeps things.

Rusty

You get used to it - a bit a technique & speed and you can get it without the mess.

I curse a little under my breath every time I change that filter!

The best I can do is empty the sump first, then unscrew it really fast and have a plastic bag right next to it so as soon as it comes off. its in the bag

my 2c

I change mine at work, keeps my garage floor clean, haha

Finished my recovery point up front, not completly happy with the design so i may change it after the muster, though im sure you could snatch off it all day its pretty solid.
Ran the duel battery line along the top of the chasis from the egine bay and secured it in place, wired up the redarc, ready for the second batt to go in after i find a way to secure it in the box and im done.

Latest posts

Back