What did you do to your navara today?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
washed and vac, gave an interior detail, installed the new 3" exhaust system making a DIY on exhaust on me page
that is all

Attachments

• IMAG0489.jpg
    IMAG0489.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 150
With the predicted bad weather we called off our trip into the Wattagans and stayed at home and instead fitted UHF radio to replace my hand held http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?p=228058#post228058

I then removed that crappy piece of felt under the glove box in the passenger foot well with a piece a marine carpet. Any coach makers I apologies for my insult to your art; to any Nissan upholstery designers I don't apologize, that was an abortion of an afterthought piece of felt/carpet.

I then spent the rest of the day playing in the garden with my son making the most of the glorious weather that shouldn't have been there......quietly cursing the fact we didn't go off roading.

Replaced the front transfer case seal, changed unijoints on shaft but now have to balance it because it shakes like a bitch so I just let it off lol changed the auto fluid and filter which ended up being crazy because I over filled it and started to spew out all over the driveway.. Never listen to guys from autobharn you will regret it like I did... Anyway I also painted the door handles black and the side step plastic tops black too.. Was an eventful day.

Equipt how did you do it? Iv been wanting to do it but don't know where to start.

It wasn't too hard at all, I got a momentary 3 way switch (mom on, off, mom on)
then I pulled apart the winch control box to get to the solenoid.
I have a Tigrezz II winch and had to work out which wires from the controller plug did the in and out (Yellow in, Brown out) then I ran 3 wires from yellow in, brown out and red power into the cab and to the switch that I mounted under the wiper stalk on the steering column.
I took off the shroud (about 4 or 6 screws on the bottom) and cut a nice square hole for the switch with a rotary tool, you could do this with a sharp stanley knife or even use a soldering iron and melt it out if you don't have a rotary tool.
I then connected the red to the center pin and the other 2 wires to the outer pins. I then put the control box back together and put a bit of silicone around the wire into the control box to keep it water resistant. Gave it a quick test and all seems to work fine.

Not a today update but finally got the shits with seeing the loan so I went down to the bank and paid it out. Debt free now keep an eye on the build thread. Locker, new Calmini upper arms, few mods to the tub that I haven't used since install.

Dropped mine off to Zordo for a 50mm body lift! I think if I had the spare time and my old shed I would have knocked it over myself. But I certainly can't fault his experience and know how so I didn't have any quarms handing the job over to him. Can't wait to pick it up tonight!

Not a today update but finally got the shits with seeing the loan so I went down to the bank and paid it out. Debt free now keep an eye on the build thread. Locker, new Calmini upper arms, few mods to the tub that I haven't used since install.

Best mod you'll ever make!

Got it back today with the new smf clutch change over. What a difference to the old one. So much better. It is much more responsive.

10min job, but still; Swapped out the old 10" subby i had leftover from the 90's with a new age slimline one.

the old.

check out this sick puppy!

where it goes.

in its box.

Im particularly proud of the box, i made it a few years ago as big as possible for the available space, about 24l which is overkill for the new slimline which only needs 10- 27l. Notice the cutout i had to put in to get around the spare wheel winder. Its internally butressed too.
It cranked ok before but this new one shits all over the old one, heaps more punch and full frquency range.

Edit] iv tried to label the pics but it didnt work out that way!

Attachments

• subdoofer 003.jpg
    subdoofer 003.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 124
  • subdoofer 005.jpg
    subdoofer 005.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 117
  • subdoofer 001.jpg
    subdoofer 001.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 109
  • subdoofer 002.jpg
    subdoofer 002.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 130
  • subdoofer 004.jpg
    subdoofer 004.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Haven't actually done anything to it today other than take it for a drive and realise that one job I really need to do on it is wash the bloody windscreen, sheesh it was like looking through a smoke haze.

Latest posts

Back