West Oz help- exhaust and chip supplier?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seabass

Reaction score
Hey gang
With the purchase of a new and bigger boat, I'm looking for a little extra from my 2003 ZD30. After reading all I can on here I've decided that a chip and exhaust are the way to go. My question is, being in Perth, where is the best place to get the exhaust? I'm fairly handy with engines so will fit it myself so am really chasing a supplier. Where have you all bought your exhausts and chips from?
Also, after doing a little reading on EGR mods, would this be worth doing at the same time? Is this reasonably simple to do or am I better sending it to someone?
Thanks
Tim

Last edited:
I got my Exhaust from metlams in Kelmscott. $980 fitted. I normally do most things myself as well. But it was part of the price and some times the studs in the turbo seize. It is a 3" full mandrel system from the turbo back. It's from mantra. I got another quote from carline for the same system they wanted 1200-1300. Ultimate 4x4 in canning vale want $2k for a Tipan exhaust system.

Haven't looked at at any Chips yet.

hope this helps a bit

Chris

United Fuel Injection near the airport should do the 3" taipan for less than $1500 seabass & is an easy, quality fit.
What size is the boat? I have a centre console at around 1.5t but the wind resistance is the hard bit to pull. 3t in a flatbed trailer is easy* for my nav with a DPchip/cooler/snorkel/exhaust etc
*by easy i mean the spring on the peddal on the right is very weak and easy to hold down :big_smile:

If your towing i would recomend an EGT probe/gauge. I ran back from Jurien yesterday on that new road and hit some big temps with all that fuel i was pouring in on some of the longer hills. Nearly hit one off them big blind kangaroos near Grey but thats another story...

hey mate i have had two navars now on my old one i had a exhaust from grapnell mufflers he has his own navara so he has experimented a bit with the navaras good bloke the exhaust he put on my last navara was quiet bit lots of turbo noise which was exactly wat i was after he is located in balcatta i think i payed 850 for dump pipe no cat and a single muffler

in the way of chips perth 4x4 do one called a tuneit very similar to a dp
had great results and im going back there today to get mine fitted in my new navara makes a massive difference

thanks guys.
3ltflogga, the boat is a 6m 'glass half cab sitting on a low rider trailer. It tows really nice but I want to make the long haul up to Exmouth as easy as possbile on the car.

Exhaust

G'day mate,

Jump on Ebay and look up "Exhaust Queen" which is supplied by Scotts" Rods out of Brisvegas. The guy's name is Scott Green and I have ordered a few 4X4 ehausts from him. Very helpful and very reasonable price for a self fit system. Build quality is good and he mandrel bends in aluminised steel.

Details:

[email protected]
Ph: 07 38120266
Fx :07 38122692

He can land a system on my doorstep cheaper than I can buy anywhere

well I got my new 2.5" from the turbo back fitted by Grapnel Mufflers in Balcatta the other day, sure goes nice now, and with a little turbo whistle too. They did a great price and got it done in great time, recommended to anyone in Perth looking for the same.

Latest posts

Back