virgin

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waikato69

Reaction score
hi guys new d40 owner great 4wd for popping down to the shops or picking up the kids. i can carry a bigger load in my wheelbarrow than in the back of my dualcab and seems to have the same ground clearance as a beached whale. can the guy that brought my 74 f100 please bring it back! glad i kept the 80 series so i can still go 4wdriving. why are these great work utes made for chardonnay drinkers with a briefcase. tradie tough my rrrrs.

Probably a Jeep Wrangler, Not the most comfortable, but there's nothing else as capable offroad for $40K.

just paid 45k for a shopping basket, nothing spare! may as well brought a great wall.

great wall lols.. maybe u should of got a d22, more for offroad...d40 occasional offroad..

just a note: d40 is the quickest and biggest in its class...which suits some especially me

I think Gus has recently proven just how crap the D40 shopping trolley is in the mud.

Anyway each to their own we all have different ideas about just what we want our cars to do and it's a pity yours doesn't do that for you, welcome to the forums anyway

great wall lols.. maybe u should of got a d22, more for offroad...d40 occasional offroad..

just a note: d40 is the quickest and biggest in its class...which suits some especially me

quickest, biggest, bestest would have been nice, but as meatloaf said, 2 out of 3 aint bad.

hi guys new d40 owner great 4wd for popping down to the shops or picking up the kids. i can carry a bigger load in my wheelbarrow than in the back of my dualcab and seems to have the same ground clearance as a beached whale. can the guy that brought my 74 f100 please bring it back! glad i kept the 80 series so i can still go 4wdriving. why are these great work utes made for chardonnay drinkers with a briefcase. tradie tough my rrrrs.

u ARE KIDDING..a ford is a death trap and i wouldnt keep a BRAND NEW one if some one gave it to me for free....i would sell it the very next day.....cant stand them,they are a piece of s$%t..
NARVY D22 ANYTIME:rock:

u ARE KIDDING..a ford is a death trap and i wouldnt keep a BRAND NEW one if some one gave it to me for free....i would sell it the very next day.....cant stand them,they are a piece of s$%t..
NARVY D22 ANYTIME:rock:

the effie was as safe as houses, as long as u could see 3km ahead and never drove it at night time, or in the wet.

Are you kidding, in the wet was the best place to drive the effy's. If it wasn't for dirt roads and rainy days the old effy we had next door would never have got driven. We did so many CV's sliding that thing around dirt tracks every trip out was an expensive one. We even had a 4WD one floating around at one stage, wasn't as easy to slide but still great fun, I'd trade any other vehicle I've ever had to get that 77 Effy back on the road but alas that aint going to happen now the chassis is just too far bent to recover.

Welcome, but I think preferring a ford over a D40 says more about you than the D40. Did you buy it blindfolded?
why are these great work utes made for chardonnay drinkers with a briefcase. tradie tough my rrrrs.
Actually there built for hairdressers but that' a another story. The tradie tough refers to the D22 but if you would have had your eyes open you would have seen that.

Last edited:
Did you not test drive it or look at it first?

They are what they are. The load space didn't decrease from the showroom floor to your place. If you want a capable 4x4 from any manufacturer you are going to have to spend money on suspension and tyres.

Maybe they washed the car with warm water before delivery and it shrunk. A 70's model effy's would have done it's shrinking long ago and be well into the fading stage now so maybe the op just forgot what can happen to a new car.

What if the "wash separately in cold water" tag was removed at the factory, that could be a warranty claim against Nissan.

Yeah I'd take them to the ACCC for removing that tag too. Bloody idiots at Nissan should have left the washing instructions on it anyway, they've sold enough of these vehicles and should know better by now.

Might be a good time for you to call a lawyer. Don't let those bastards get away with it - if the thing has shrunk from when you test drove it, you should be able to get them to provide the dynamic lifter and water to make it grow back to its correct showroom size.

Good luck with it!

So glad mine hasn't shrunk, driving round all day smelling like dynamic lifter is on a par with driving around with a tub full of cow manure

Latest posts

Back