vibration/shakes when taking off

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd agree with the above. Looks what I'd call normal... The centre bearing on the other hand doesn't look normal. It'd be interesting for someone with a known good centre bearing to take the same type of video to see the difference...

It even looks like the shaft is just hitting the fuel tank. You can see the mark an the shaft in the centre bearing vid. I am getting a small vibration on takeoff also. It's like a small axle tramp. I will check out my centre bearing also I think.

I do get a little bit of a shudder on take off but nothing that concerns me, just what I'd expect from original clutch, pressure plate and flywheel after 195,000 k's.

In my particular instance phasing is not an issue, the front and back flanges of the second half are in phase. I have had the two piece shaft off and balanced by a proper drive shaft balancing company. I dont believe the issue is there.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eXL6EGWW5E&feature=youtu.be[/YT]

Here is the bearing, I have taken a video facing back at the diff and there is quite a bit of movement I suspect the problem might be related to that. It could also be the front uni though as its relative angle is actually up towards the rear relative to the gearbox angle.

yeh you're right its the rubber inside the bearing thats allowing it to move way too much. i went to an auto part supplier down the road from me and he said the cheapest centre bearing he can get his hands on is $140. he couldnt believe that i managed to get one for 40$… so im going with the fact that online auto parts sold me (and i guess you too) a piece of shit cheap arse bearing.

im going to buy a 'high quality' or maybe even genuine bearing off nissan and see if that does the trick.

Yeah alright well let me know how you go :) I cant remember what Nissan were charging but I remember it being expensive

Thats odd, I rang Burson, super cheap and Nissan and got the following prices which are all below the $140 you got quoted.
$105.45 Bursons sourced from Bearing Wholsesalers part #CB-05
~$70 Super cheap sourced from Bearing Wholesalers presumably the same part #
$371 Nissan genuine, japan probably

The part I bought from online auto parts had the same part # so im hesitant to try again. The rubber seemed pretty stiff when I put it on too.

Will give them a try tomorrow, they sound the goods. If its between a genuine and the "others" I might give it a crack.

I spoke to CBC and they resell hardy spicer bearings at 150 a piece so I gave them a call and they are around 90 bucks direct. Talk about mark up. Anyway Im not convinced that $140 bucks is the lower limit forthese things but I trust hardy spicer to give me something of a reasonable quality.

I spoke to CBC and they resell hardy spicer bearings at 150 a piece so I gave them a call and they are around 90 bucks direct. Talk about mark up. Anyway Im not convinced that $140 bucks is the lower limit forthese things but I trust hardy spicer to give me something of a reasonable quality.

are you gonna fit one ?

I am going to see if the replacement gearbox Mount helps at all. Then I'll give it a crack

So after wasting a day with my car at Goodyear and them telling me that my rear leaf springs have sagged and it's causing the vibration , I thought that this guy must be a jerk off so I took my car straight to pedders down the road and told them that, bullshit he said. I booked into pedders so they could check out my tail shaft and turns out the uni joints on the tail shaft weren't lined up properly. Problem solved for $200. No vibrations at all taking off hard up hills. so I'd say u should check urs out , might be ya problem

Do you mean your uni joints are out of phase? Like this? Because I have already checked that and it is not the problem. Thanks for the update though, I still havent bothered to replace my centre bearing but the rubber isn ow stuffed on my new so ill have to get one very soon :S
shaftends.jpg

Do you mean your uni joints are out of phase? Like this? Because I have already checked that and it is not the problem. Thanks for the update though, I still havent bothered to replace my centre bearing but the rubber isn ow stuffed on my new so ill have to get one very soon :S

yeah thats what i meant, but dont just check the the 2 between the diff and centre bearing, theres another one between the gearbox and centre bearing and thats the one that was out of phase on mine. if thats all good u could have a seized uni or someshit?

Alright well I replaced the existing bearing with one I sourced from Hardy Spicer. I havent taken a video to see a visual comparison but using my calibrated ear it is not making the same noises that the last one did.

When I compared the new vs old it became clear that there would likely be a big difference. The one from hardy had much more rubber around the hub which limits the movement when forced up or down. This is what im hoping makes all the difference.

Here is the comparison. Notice the ring of rubber on the new one around the bearing is much thicker.
1386547045263_zpshdyhthfu.jpg

"Calibrated ear" lol, I had a couple of them until the missus blew them out in an argument, now they both hear different stuff at the same time, completely rooted.
The new one looks much more like a Nissan one, hopefully gives you what you're looking for.

Well I seem to be having all sorts of problems with this bloody ute, now im getting massive vibration directly under my vehicle but only when I engage the clutch. Looking at a video of under my car im not getting anywhere near the bearing movement I used to but the gearbox itself is vibrating like crazy.

From my research previously the only thing I can now think of is stuffed engine mounts or a worn clutch causing judder. Im all but convinced my drivetrain is fine as it operates ok through the rest of the rev range and is only when I am engaging the clutch.

Ive checked out the engine mounts and they seem fine so im looking at the clutch route, what a bastard..........

My sons Hilux had a bad shudder on take off. I replaced the clutch, although the previous owner had replaced it not that long ago. while doing it I found the spiggot bearing had seized and the input shaft had worn severely. this I believe was the cause of the problem as it no longer occured once the spiggot bearing was replaced

Well I seem to be having all sorts of problems with this bloody ute, now im getting massive vibration directly under my vehicle but only when I engage the clutch. Looking at a video of under my car im not getting anywhere near the bearing movement I used to but the gearbox itself is vibrating like crazy.

From my research previously the only thing I can now think of is stuffed engine mounts or a worn clutch causing judder. Im all but convinced my drivetrain is fine as it operates ok through the rest of the rev range and is only when I am engaging the clutch.

Ive checked out the engine mounts and they seem fine so im looking at the clutch route, what a bastard..........

If you mean vibration while letting out the clutch to take off it could also mean a glazed flywheel, the spigot bearing as said or or uneven pressure plate finger tension, it's a shame you're having a hard time with it, glad the new bearing has at least helped in that area.

Latest posts

Back