V8 navaras

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had a chat yesterday to a mate who is a auto engineer,and he happened to have a genuine " ford racing " V8 on a stand.
He reckons it would go into my narvy NO PROBLEMS at all.
He also said that he personally saw 3 navaras all with ford v8s in them.
he also said theres a mob in Albury that does V8 conversions for them.
I thought that Scotty was the only one with a V8 in one.
Anyone else:rock: heard about or seen any others with a V8.

I know of at least 4 offroad racing Navaras (extreme 2wd class) that have a V8 in them - a pretty common conversion for racing

I saw what I think was a D21 single cab yesterday go flying past me with what sounded allot like a V8, but cant be sure as I was inside a shed and jest saw it go past so it may have been something else like a Rodeo or something.

The 5.6ltr V8 from a Nissan Titan should fit, as the Titan is just a D40 buffed up a little, to make it look bigger and the engine bay of a D22 is bigger then a D40 (I think).

Last edited:
we were standing next to my narvy when he mentioned it,so i questioned him if he was sure that it wasnt a lux or troll,and he stood back looked at mine,and said.."same as yours"....

The complete drivetrain from a Titan will bolt basically straight in to a D40 Navara. A few of the guys in the states have already done it using the Frontier dash and Titan harness and ECU.4x4 or 4x2 makes no difference .Diff is essentially the same in the rear and the front Titan diff will fit with some mods .

Back