V6 petrol fuel economy with snorkel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Given that I have watched this things consumption since I got it and I reset the trip meter every time I fill it to monitor it, no I don't think saying it gets 200kms to a 1/2 tank is inaccurate.

Now as for whether it is using too much fuel or not, well maybe it isn't when compared to other vehicles of the same make and model. Maybe it is normal, but it giving me the shits watching it labour around town unable to pull even a simple trailer without struggling, and draining the tank in the process. It isn't the right car for the jobs I need to do, I now realise that and I will get rid of it when I can as a result.

I dont blame anybody else - I picked it, but I now believe I could have chosen a better car. Wouldn't buy another Navara again, petrol or diesel.

Using the trip meter and the fuel gauge, which isn't exactly the most accurate of gauges, isn't exactly a fool proof way of measuring fuel consumption. Each to their own I guess. I tow a fully loaded carpenters trailer every day and most days the back of the ute is loaded too and wouldn't swap it for anything.

Using the trip meter and the fuel gauge, which isn't exactly the most accurate of gauges, isn't exactly a fool proof way of measuring fuel consumption. Each to their own I guess. I tow a fully loaded carpenters trailer every day and most days the back of the ute is loaded too and wouldn't swap it for anything.

Is yours petrol or diesel? I tow a spray rig and it's not real flash.

It's the v6 petrol manual 4x2. I guess it all depends on what you have driven before and what you personally think is reasonable. I had a d22 2.5 petrol 4x2 before and the d40 fuel consumption is only slightly worse so I'm pretty happy with that considering its a much bigger/nicer/more computable ute. My trailer is bloody heavy and i consistently get under 15l per 100 towing it around town. I've been on holidays for a few weeks and haven't been towing and should get it down into the 11s for this tank.

Seems the manuals get a lot better economy than the slushboxes. I went an auto cos of the clutch issues.

Back