Upgrades To D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D40NAVY

Reaction score
Hey guys, finally have my truck running better by fixing all the problems from purchase. I know am not satisfied with the power as I need more. I want it too sound tuff. I've already got a steinbauer chip I want to know how to make it sound like a good hard proper truck with the loud turbo whistle and so fourth.

Any ideas on how it can achieve this?

You'd have to remove all the baffling from the intake (there are two) and shorten the exhaust, removing the cat and the muffler. Make sure the exhaust vents behind the cabin to not only keep the car legal, but to keep you and your passengers alive.

If you went for a tray, you could put twin 3" stacks behind the cabin, venting those above the cabin.

Hey guys, finally have my truck running better by fixing all the problems from purchase. I know am not satisfied with the power as I need more. I want it too sound tuff. I've already got a steinbauer chip I want to know how to make it sound like a good hard proper truck with the loud turbo whistle and so fourth.

Any ideas on how it can achieve this?
Buy a 4.2 patrol with a straight 3inch and huge turbo:rock:

mine sounds fairly decent now with a 2.75' turbo back system with high flow cat and no muffler dumped just behind the cab. On take off and light throttle you get the patrol diesel sound but once driving you cant really notice the difference from standard. Made it myself and total cost was 300 bucks

fit a PLAZMAN(?) hot pipe upgrade - albiet a slight improvement, i can now hear the turbo spool up, and responce is marginally improved too.

Im not bagging anyone out here, each to their own, but why is everyone hell bent on having loud turbo whistle? I find it bloody annoying having that whistle constantly.

Yeah agreed. I mean some people like it and that's their choice, me personally, i try and do all i can to gain power / driveability whilst keeping the noise to a minimum.

Beudesert exhausts told me the high flow muffler supplied with their kit produced the same h/p as with the muffler delete kit without the drone.

My beaudesert exhaust has a "hissing " sound at the start of each "auto"gear change.Does this seem normal?Bought the car with it already on but I gotta say it goes real good.Did the EGR block on passenger side today and I'd say its a little more responsive too!!

Does this hard turbo pipe thingy help ? and also looking at a snorkel to finish the power mods.

My beaudesert exhaust has a "hissing " sound at the start of each "auto"gear change.Does this seem normal?Bought the car with it already on but I gotta say it goes real good.Did the EGR block on passenger side today and I'd say its a little more responsive too!!

Does this hard turbo pipe thingy help ? and also looking at a snorkel to finish the power mods.

Hard pipe yes kinda. Snorkel no to power mods. But will save your engine eatting water

Latest posts

Back