Turbo oil feed

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jack.haran

Reaction score
I recently bought a Navara that had recent head work done but the turbo was gone on it. On inspection, I found the shaft was broken. Investigating the cause before replacing the turbo, I found there was no oil feed from the upper port on the block to the turbo. The bottom port is fine and I did notice the oil level was low and filter looked old.
Can anyone here tell me where the top oil feed comes from (block or head) and a diagram of the engine lubrication system would be great.

Thanks all, Jack

Top inlet is a coolant feed. If memory serves, comes from a thermostat housing or thereabouts on that side of the engine. Only the bottom feed is oil (the bugger to do up again when replacing the turbo).

Top inlet is a coolant feed. If memory serves, comes from a thermostat housing or thereabouts on that side of the engine. Only the bottom feed is oil (the bugger to do up again when replacing the turbo).
Yep, discovered this last night when I took a more sedate look at the whole setup. There is a coolant feed from the thermostat that tee's off to a banjo connection high up on the block.

With regards to the turbo oil feed pipes with the difficult to get to inner M6 bolt I performed a modification to make it easier to remove and replace. The gasket under there was leaking which is why I had to disconnect that flange. That inner bolt has very restricted access so I came up with a simple solution. It's done thousands of kilometres of remote work since then without leaking one oil atom.

I made a short video to show what I did because it might be helpful to others.

With regards to the turbo oil feed pipes with the difficult to get to inner M6 bolt I performed a modification to make it easier to remove and replace. The gasket under there was leaking which is why I had to disconnect that flange. That inner bolt has very restricted access so I came up with a simple solution. It's done thousands of kilometres of remote work since then without leaking one oil atom.

I made a short video to show what I did because it might be helpful to others.

Thanks, seems like a great idea! I recall struggling with that inner bolt forever!

Latest posts

Back