turbo leaking oil

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nashy06

Reaction score
hey guys new to the forum, just want to ask if anyone has come across a problem with the turbo leaking oil into intercooler pipes and through to motor as my d40 is blowing blue smoke. I have checked intercooler pipes and there is bulk oil in there not real happy as i have just bought the car 3 weeks ago

any opinions would be good before i go try and consult nissan thanks

Nah no catch can, I just read up about it and I can tell ya I'm a bit releived. going to have to put one in because my pipes are pretty filthy

Welcome to the forum.

The PCV (which is where the only source of oil in the air piping should come from) should not contain enough oil to cause you to see blue smoke. Usually, blue smoke is attributable to worn rings, valve guides, turbo bearings.

If you ARE getting that oil purely from the PCV then something is pushing the oil out the top of your motor. Normally, a small amount of oil vapour escapes the oil separator in the top of the motor and is passed through the PCV into the air intake. This is forced into the engine, leaving trace amounts on the piping along the way, and combusted - that's why in DPF-equipped models, we have to use very low ash formulation oil so that the DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) isn't choked up.

Latest posts

Back