Toyota 2011 Hilux - no additional power upgrades

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Hilux engine may have less power on paper, but in real world offroad driving, it out performs the Navara.

toyota prob spent all their budget on fixing all the crap that went wrong with the new model and couldnt afford to look at gaining some kw & nm hehe

iv driven the hilux and me nav and the nav got more get up n go...not sure about the d22 though

The Hilux engine may have less power on paper, but in real world offroad driving, it out performs the Navara.

Not according to 4WD ACTION. They recon the D40's engine has it is spades over the Hilux. It's only off road that the Hilux performs better due to better low down torque plus better approach angle and shorter wheelbase.

Not according to 4WD ACTION. They recon the D40's engine has it is spades over the Hilux. It's only off road that the Hilux performs better due to better low down torque plus better approach angle and shorter wheelbase.

Thats what I said "Offroad"

These are 4WD so on road performance isn't important, They have a V6 petrol if you want get up and go.

Well it will be interesting to see how the new 2011 model Navara goes...more grunt and less fuel. Can it bridge the issue we all talk about here. Agree that 2.5L is always going to struggle vs 3.0L for low down pull...good luck VW with the 2.0L!!! the offshore reviews are not as good as you would have hoped.

good luck VW with the 2.0L!!! the offshore reviews are not as good as you would have hoped.

ive just bought a 2L in a golf, it is a far better motor than the 3L, i wish someone made a conversion kit for the d22 for the 2L VW motor!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back