Tailgate

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

10navst

Reaction score
Hi all,
I need to take some of my sisters stuff to her new house on Saturday and wanted to drive with a full load and tailgate down, is this legal?
Otherwise I'm restricted on some of the bigger things in the tub.

Thanks.

As far as I know it's legal providing any load is secured. Technically even with the tailgate down stuff wont just slide out but it's worth tying even the small stuff in just in case you find a copper who doesn't understand physics.

Yeah that's a point, can the plate be seen if a D40 tailgate is open? I've never tried it.

I had to go to Sydney ages ago to pick up a spare diff. I drove from Sydney to Canberra with the tailgate down. We past heaps of the boys on blue and never an issue. When we were getting fuel in the outskirts of Sydney a cop was curious about the diff but said nothing about the tailgate being down.He even asked where we were heading and all he said was to check the cargo straps from time to time.
I think the rule is the number plate must be visible from 2 car lengths behind and AFIK it is . Never drove behind my truck to see lol

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back