Star Wars: Episode 7?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The first Star Wars was good for it's time and had a reasonable story line but the recent ones just had a shitty and boring story and relied on Hollywood sparkle to make an impact.

But that pretty much goes for every Hollywood movie these days. I bet the new Die Hard (Yippie Ki Yay Mother Russia <---Not the actual name) will no doubt be the same, more bang than story because people get distracted by flash bang and don't notice the poor story line as much.

Aside from being brilliantly animated Toy Story and the like are good light hearted entertainment that have humourous parts and are easy to watch.

Having first seen computer graphics as 80chars by 25 lines, then to screen pixels and a lot of what has happened in between, it is all bleh to me. I do not want to watch a movie where 50% of it is just CGI that adds nothing to the movie. What especially shites me off is bad physics as the brain just screams at that. If they are going to do it, then do it well.

I want a good story, you know with a beginning, a middle and an end. So yes, Toy Story 3 counts there, even though it was an old plot.

I did pay to go to the first Star Wars (now 4), but came out of it thinking that it was a waste as I'd seen all the good bits in the adverts on TV. watched the next for free on TV.

Given Disney's treatment of other topics/themes, i doubt if I'll even make time to watch it on the free to air TV when it is broadcast.

I'm also way, way past Trilogies. Had that in Scifi/Fan novels that essentially boiled down to a nice sharp story being bloated out to create three books to sell.

The only thing that could be worse is that they all become like many movies; the same plot in different locations. Jacky Chan, Bruce Willis, and a pile of others.

All the movies are based on the original 7 book written by Lucas in the early 70's. Lucas always said that he was never goin to make the 7th book into a movie.
The 7th book is about Luke skywalker nearly fallin too the dark side like his farther.

Back