Snorkel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolvespaul

Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking at fitting a snorkel to my 06 D22 , will this improve fuel economy of decrease it?

Just want to see if there is a benefit to fitting one, I wont be doing any heavy duty off road driving, maybe fraser Island would be the limit with my camper trailer.

Thanks Paul

Didn't notice any difference in mine but great peace of mind. My son took it scuba diving on fraser when he missed seeing a dip with a substantial amount of water in it. Wasn't going fast as such as the lead up to it was good but fast enough to give us passengers a fright with water pushing up over the cab. Without the snorkel i am sure the engine would have got a gutful.

I saw no gain in power or economy when i fitted mine but the factory intake position is dodgy for a 4x4.

There was a thread/post on the forum just this week a bloke went through a puddle in his D22 and sucked water through the dodgy stock intake position.

Definitely for piece of mind, if not for anything else, especially so it doesn't ruin your Fraser trip!

YEP PEACE OF MIND!!!
Is all that counts, if it says you sucking in water on Fraser Island it has done its job.

It is a piece of security equipment (keep that in mind)
I personally would go a snorkel before tires or anything else.. Unless you were talking about a exhaust system.(but that is a different matter)

I say go for it!!

Cheers
Geoff

"GO THE NAV V6's"

Back