Safari Snorkel fitting?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanish83

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone else has a safari snorkel installed on a 13 D40? Got mine fitted yesterday and had a look when I got home. This is taken from inside the engine bay looking towards the outer wall where i comes down into the air filter box. Should this be flush with the hole and wall? Or does the shape of the box etc force it to sit out a bit? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• snorkel.jpg
    snorkel.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 162
You look just like mine Vanish. If you wrong, so am i.. but i do know that the peice your thinking should maybe sit flat is the place where the snorkel hose joins to the intake filter box.
Mines back towards the firewall too and i can fit my thumb between the join and inside panel.
I took a pic but it's not letting me upload it.
All looks fine to me. Who installed it?
If your thinking of doing some water and think there is a chance of high water have a look under your air panel filter, there's a couple drain holes that sometimes are missed with the silicon

Great- thanks for having a look. I did try pushing (without disturbing anything) the box towards the hole but it felt like thats just the way the attachment sits.
UV4x4 did the install here in Bris- seemed pretty reputable and gave me the impression it would be done right- so there is a fair chance thats just how they sit in the D40's.
I will run it past them next time i am in there though.
Thanks again for your reply!

Latest posts

Back